Rice is one of the most common foods in many parts of the world. Some people consume it as a main course, while some people consume it as a side dish. Either way, you will have to make sure that you are cooking it well. It can be tough for people to cook it manually, and the rice cookers have made this task simple for you. All you have to do is just clean the rice, add water, and switch on the cooker. But it is not as simple as it sounds. If you are not adding the right amount of water, then you will end up with half-cooked rice or mashed rice. Depending on the type of rice you are cooking, you need to add the right quantity of water. If you add more or less water, you may just end up cooking it in the wrong way, but if you are using the rice cooker in the wrong way, then you may end up with some accidents in the house.
One needs to be very careful when using a rice cooker as it is going to utilize electricity for heating water and cooking the rice. It can lead to any kind of problem. So, it is very important to know certain things that can keep you safe in your kitchen.
- Always make sure that you are choosing the best product from so many options available in the market. Choosing a reputed brand will be very helpful. All new rice cookers work well and hence you may not be able to see any difference between a top brand and a local brand, but you will see the difference in the long run.
- You should read the complete set of instructions given by the manufacturer. That will make you aware of all the precautions that you need to take when you are using their products. Instead of going with any general instructions, it is always good to follow the product-specific instructions given by the manufacturer.
- Your rice cooker should come with an RCD. RCD means Residual Current Device. In simple words, you can call this as a life-saving device because this device is going to avoid the electric fire and will also protect from electric shock in case of any problem in the electricity. The electricity keeps fluctuating, and if it goes too high, then this device can be helpful.
- Never use the rice cooker in an enclosed space like a cupboard, beneath the shelves, or any closed space. The steam that comes out of the cooker can damage the other things around the cooker or the place itself.
- When you are looking for food, always add food according to the quantity specified. You should not overflow it with excess food or water.
- When you are adding water or rice, and when you are taking out food from the cooker, you should be very careful. You should not let water spill on the power cord of the rice cooker.
- If you look at the latest model of rice cookers in the market, you will be able to see stay warm feature in it. That will help in keeping the food warm for a long time. But you should not leave it in that position for a long time.
- If you are taking out the rice cooker for cleaning, then you will have to make sure that the switch is off.
- Once you are done with cleaning and want to use it again, it should be dry. You need to check this point very carefully so that there will not be any problem with electricity.
- You need to unplug the rice cooker from the socket when you are not using it. Before you take out the cooker, you should always let it cool down.
- If you need to stir the ingredients in the rice cooker, you should always use a wooden spatula or non-stick spatula. You should use the regular stainless steel spatula as it is working with electricity.
- You should only wash the rice cooker bowl and not the machine. Never let the water get in touch with it. If you spill water by mistake when it is not in use, then make sure to clean the water with the help of cloth so that there is no wetness when you are using the cooker.
- You may not be able to make all kinds of dishes that you prepared in your previous rice cooker. Each rice cooker is different from each other, and hence you need to make sure that you are reading the manual before you start using it.
Following these simple instructions, tips and precautions can be very helpful for you. It will help you cook well and stay away from any kind of accident due to electricity or heat.