Every present-day household includes a vegetable cutter as their kitchen tool. It saves your energy as well as minimizes the need for a tough grind. Everything that comes with an advantage has a limitation. It gives you a foolproof assurance, but when we talk about cleaning, it is bewildering. Cleaning of stainless steel blade is a questionable element. Cleaning of utensils requires the use of dishwashers, but the washing of vegetable cutters should be manual to avoid tarnishing. Manual cleaning ensures the complete elimination of dirt from every bit part. Here are some effortless ways to clean a vegetable cutter:-
1. Cleaning hacks
- With the readymade cleaning solution
The first step should always include cleaning with a readymade solution. You can get it from the nearest grocery store or supermarket. Various types of dishwashing gels and bleaches are available in the market. Exfoliate the surface of the vegetable cutter using a scrubber. Liquid dish soaps are rich in lemon juice, which helps to get rid of stubborn stains. The use of lukewarm water for washing the dishes is more beneficial. Regular washing methods should be the first choice of cleaning. Sometimes the gels fail to penetrate inside the blades and grater. This causes settling of dirt in them which leads to building up of tarnish. This is the main reason behind the discoloration of the vegetable cutters.
- Prepare a DIY cleaning solution
- Mix 3 tablespoon of baking soda along with an equal amount of vinegar.
- Mix baking soda and liquid dish gel until it forms a thick paste.
These two solutions are most efficient for the cleaning process. This is because they create a thin film between the surface of blades and dirt. This leads to the removal of the dirt from it. It also renders safety to your food and utensils by killing disease-causing microorganisms. Baking soda works best for the removal of stubborn oily stains.
- Soak 2 to 3 denture tablets in water
This is a newly developed method of cleansing. It is trending because of its commendable cleaning potency. It can also be used to clean caked-on stains, which are hard to go. Soak 2- 3 denture tablets in water until it stops giving effervescence. This takes around 20 to 30 minutes. Use this solution to clean your vegetable cutter. You can put the vegetable cutter in this solution if the size permits. Overnight soaking will yield better results!
- Use of solutions which render safety to material
A vegetable cutter is made from two major materials. Firstly, the plastic that forms the framework and secondly, the stainless steel blades are used for cutting, chopping, and grating. Both these materials react differently with different solutions. Not only this, but they also differ in taking stains. Stainless steel can resist stains for a longer period as compared to plastic. Plastic absorbs the oily and greasy stains more easily. This is why it is advised to clean it regularly. Vinegar, alcohol rub, and denture tablets can do wonders in the cleaning of plastic. On the other hand, steel blades are cleaned more thoroughly with a baking soda solution. It is advised to use a soft cloth or bar for cleaning steel instead of rubbing it harshly. Letting the water stay on the steel surface for a long time provides it the moisture that eventually develops rust. Plastic material does not come with any hard and fast rule; therefore, it can be air-dried.
2. Hacks to maintain the glaze of the vegetable cutter
You always wish your utensils to look brighter and shinier. This complements the look of the vegetable cutter. Here are some brilliant hacks that one can try to preserve the luster of the chopper:
- Discard all the crumbs before dishwashing or manual washing.
- The use of warm water for dishwashing decreases your workload.
- Include both small and large brushes in your kitchen tools to reach every overlooked surface of vegetable cutter.
- Use dish brush with soft bristles and long handles to ease your washing.
- To avoid scratches, do not rub the steel surface harshly with scrubber or brush.
- Polish the steel surface at regular intervals to prevent rust.
- Let the DIY solution stay overnight on the cutter for better cleaning.
- Don’t use bleaching powder directly on the plastic.
Ascertaining the points mentioned above will make your cleaning process simple. Thanks for reading!