Rice cookers have surely fascinated many cooks. After all, they make the cooking process of rice very fast and convenient. These days manufacturers are also launching enhanced designs of these cookers month after month. We have seen many people being attracted to these cookers and we already know the reason – rice cookers are simply the best. You can also use rice cookers for the steaming process. Cooking dumplings or steamed veggies, has never been easier before the arrival of rice cookers. You can also use rice cookers for preparing one-pot recipes. Today we are reviewing the Best Rice Cookers 2020.
However, you might still not be able to find the right cooker. This can be because of the numerous options in the market. Many people are also worried about fraud as the number of counterfeit products is increasing day by day. But be assured that we are here to help you. Below we have mentioned a list of ten rice cookers. We chose them after a lot of research, and we are also positive that you will find the right rice cooker from here. Do not drop the idea of buying one such cooker. It will surely take loads of cooking problems away from your kitchen. Many consumers will truly like our report as we have done a lot of research and read all customer reviews from amazon then rank the best Rice Cookers from a variety of options.
Best Buy Rice Cookers Consumer Reviews
1. Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker
On number one of our list, we have the rice cooker by the company Aroma Housewares. This is an extremely well-built and fantastic rice cooker. Buyers can also choose the product from three different color options which are – White, black, and silver. All three variants look fantastic and suit with modern kitchen designs exceptionally well. You can cook 8 cups of rice in a single go with this rice cooker. Additionally, the rice can be of any variety. You would also like to know that you can also steam vegetables and meat in it as per your liking. The digital controls on the cooker are programmable, and the product as a whole is straightforward to use. There is also an exclusive feature in this cooker that lets you sauté then simmer the food. Moreover, the product also helps in preserving the natural flavor and taste of rice in every condition. The product also comes with a steam tray, which makes steaming extremely easy. Other than that, buyers of the product will also receive a measuring cup for rice as well as a serving spatula. You will surely like the affordable price of the product.
- Other than rice, you can also prepare soup and stew in this cooker.
- There is a feature of this product called ‘keep-warm,’ which lets you keep your food at perfect edible temperature.
- The steam tray is removable and can be used as per your requirements.
- The product also has a delay timer, which lets you plan your meals well.
- The product runs on electricity and does not consume a lot of power.
2. Zojirushi Rice Cooker
The Zojirushi rice cooker has secured the second position on our list. It is an enhanced rice cooker that has the capacity of one liter. You will be able to cook 5 ½ cups of uncooked rice in this very easily. Many useful features in this cooker let you keep your food warm. They are of automatic as well as manual nature. The exterior of the product is created using durable stainless steel. The cooker also comes with delay time settings feature, which you will surely like and enjoy. Other than that, the power cord of the product is easily retractable; this helps you keep the cooker well-organized. Since the product runs on electricity, we would also like to mention its power usage here. The cooker is 120 Volts and only consumes almost 610 watts of power. It is bound to last many years in your kitchen without being problematic at all. With this product, you will also receive an inner lid and steam basket. Both of these items are easy to remove and place. The micro computerized technology used in the product is very commendable. However, the price of the product lies in the high end.
- The cooker is easy to clean, and its exterior parts are made with stainless steel.
- The LCD panel of the product is straightforward to read.
- There are also timer and clock functions in this cooker.
- You will like the menu on the product that allows you to achieve a wide range of cooking settings for different foods.
- You can cook cakes, porridge, and rice with this product.
3. BLACK + DECKER Rice Cooker
We genuinely feel that our list would have been incomplete if we had not mentioned this product. From that, you could already tell how much we like this rice cooker. The price of the product is extremely cost-effective and economical. You can also select the product from different sizes. Just know that a large-sized rice cooker has more capacity and hence lets you cook more rice. The cooker is of – 120 Volts and consumes the power of 300 watts. We also like the simple yet sleek design of the product. It will suit many varieties of countertops as well as cabinets. Other than that, it is effortless to use, and you will understand its functioning quickly. You will also be glad to know that the product comes with a nonstick pot. Therefore the cooker is easy to clean after every use. We will recommend you wash it with hands; however, you can also wash it in the dishwasher as the pot is removable. The steaming basket that comes with the product can also be used to create many dishes such as dumplings and steamed veggies. Like many other rice cookers, this product also comes with the ‘keep warm’ feature.
- The removable pot is nonstick and very easy to clean.
- The wire of the product is long so that you can use it even when the power cord is away.
- You will also get a measuring container and a serving spoon with the cooker.
- The product is suitable for preparing large as well as small meals.
- Buyers of the cooker will also get a limited warranty of 2 years.
4. Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker
Next on our list, we have the rice cooker by the company Hamilton. It is a very sturdy rice cooker that you will be able to use for many years. Other than that, you can also use the product every day without worrying about any damage. The price is not very high, and hence the general public can also afford the product. If you are a beginner in cooking, this rice cooker will surely help you a lot. You can prepare almost 4 cups of uncooked rice in the cooker that too very quickly. You will also receive a rinse and steam basket with the product, which makes the usage even more effortless. Additionally, you will also appreciate the clean and attractive look of the product as much as we do. We would also like to tell you that apart from rice you can also cook hot cereal, whole grains as well as steamed vegetables in this cooker. This multipurpose nature of the product has undoubtedly attracted many buyers in America. You can also read many positive reviews of this cooker on the internet.
- The basket that comes with the product has two in one functions of rinsing as well as steaming.
- The buttons on the product work very well and are also sensitive to touch.
- You will also like the exceptional functionality of this cooker.
- You can also prepare one-pot meals in this cooker quickly without any inconvenience.
- The product weighs 4 pounds and has the dimensions of – 8 X 9.7 X 10 inches.
5. Instant Pot Rice Cooker
The Instant Pot rice cooker has secured the fifth position on our list. The company has always introduced smart features in their products. Their rice cookers are hence very easy to use and highly functional at the same time. The capacity of the cooker is equal to 8 cups. However, for uncooked rice, you should always take lesser rice than the amount mentioned. The matte finish of the exterior of the cooker is stunning. You can place the cooker on your cabinets as well as kitchen shelves. You can also make oatmeal and quinoa in this rice cooker very quickly. Many smart programs in the product let you enhance your cooking at all times. Additionally, you can use this cooker for steaming veggies as well as fish. The product is 120 Volts and requires a power supply of 60 Hertz. The pot of the cooker is very thick and also has a ceramic coating on it. This coating never lets the food to stick on the pot in any condition. The 18/8 stainless steel used in manufacturing the product is also highly durable and long-lasting.
- The product will always remain protected from overheating.
- It is very compact, and you will be able to store it even in small places in your kitchen.
- You can also use this cooker for warming all types of food.
- The steamer tray that comes with the product is safe for the dishwasher.
- This rice cooker is a perfect combination of cooking ease and value.
6. DASH Rice Cooker
Next up, we have the rice cooker by DASH. The best part about the product is that it comes with a recipe book. This book is filled with recipes for delicious dishes and meals. It will surely inspire you to use the cooker in a better way. Other than that, you will also like the fact that this product is available for purchase in five color options. These colors are – black, aqua, red, pink, and white. All the colors are incredibly adorable. The cooker will make the rice cooking very easy and quick even for non-professional cooks. You can also make pasta, quinoa, soup, etc. in this cooker. It will also help you in making breakfast recipes in a faster way. We also like the compact and portable nature of this cooker to a great extent. Moreover, you should be informed that this product consumes 200 watts of power only. You can use it in your kitchens and also take it outdoors if you are camping. It will help you in preparing healthy meals without any hassle. You can make two cups of rice in a single go with this cooker.
- The product is very compact and portable.
- You can cook 2 cups of rice quickly in this rice cooker.
- The mixing paddle and measuring cup that comes with the product is of excellent quality.
- It will be highly suitable for you if you are a single or a couple.
- The dimensions of this rice cooker are – 8.3 X 6.5 X 16 inches only.
7. Tiger Corporation Rice Cooker
This gray rice cooker has a stainless steel construction and will never corrode at any cost. It can also be used as a warmer for warming up several different types of food. You will be able to prepare 5.5 cups of uncooked rice in this cooker efficiently. Also, this rice cooker can be chosen from two colors, which are – white and urban satin. The white version of the product also has beautiful floral prints on the exterior. The warm-up feature of the product can operate up to 12.5 hours without fail. This feature is exclusive to the product and also serves well at all times. The inner pan of the product is a nonstick type and will never disappoint you. You will also be able to clean it easily and quickly. You should always use the cup that comes included with the product to measure rice. Otherwise, you might end up with more or less rice. You will also like to know that the cord of the cooker is the retractable type. You can quickly retract it inside the wiring compartment. This feature will help in easy and convenient storage of the product.
- The product will prove to be the best for professional cooks.
- The quality of the material of the cooker is exceptional.
- It also serves as a food warmer very well.
- The steam vent cap is also removable.
- The capacity is well suited for a family.
8. Panasonic Rice Cooker
A vast majority of people love Panasonic products. After all, the company has always served its customers with only the best. This case also fits well with their marvelous rice cooker. This gray and white rice cooker will help you to cook almost 3 cups of uncooked rice with the utmost ease. Complete cooking is one-step and automatic. The functioning of the product is so easy to understand that anyone can use the product. The price is also low as compared to other rice cookers on our list. It can also be delivered anywhere across the United States. Additionally, this rice cooker has won many hearts as it will last many years in the kitchen. You can cook many types of rice in this product, including brown, yellow, and white rice. The cooking will be completed in less than half an hour for you to enjoy your meals. We also like the sturdy glass lid of the product that also has a plastic knob for secure handling. A measuring cup and a service spoon come included with the product.
- The glass lid of the product provides a better view of the rice while it is cooking.
- The pan is coated with aluminum and is also nonstick.
- The cooker will also automatically shut off once the cooking is done.
- Heat is always distributed evenly inside the cooker.
- The product only weighs 2.6 pounds and has dimensions of – 9.4 X 7.8 X 8.3 inches.
9. Tatung Rice Cooker
On number nine, we have Tatung rice cooker. This product is multi-functional and is suitable to cook 6 cups of rice. Even though the price of the product lies at the high end, its functionality is genuinely exceptional. It has a white design that will suit with minimalist kitchen exceptionally well. You will be able to prepare hot and fluffy rice in this cooker at all times. It also has four distinct cooking modes that make the process even more convenient. You can also use this cooker for light frying, steaming, and also for preparing one-pot recipes. It will surely find a place in your kitchen because of its compact size and easy to carry design. You will also like the accessories you receive with this product. These accessories include – inner pot lid, steam plate, and a measuring cup for better measurement of rice. The buttons on the product are also easy to understand and press. Even a very mild press will quickly make them functional. All the dishes you cook in the cooker will always retain the flavor. Buy this cooker now to cook rice in a better way.
- The white design is suitable for many types of minimalist kitchens.
- The multi-functional nature of the product lets you prepare many types of dishes.
- You can also prepare stew and one-pot meals in this cooker.
- The construction is simple yet very sleek.
- Numerous positive ratings by buyers make the cooker even better.
10. Cuckoo Rice Cooker
On number ten, we have the Cuckoo rice cooker on our list. It is available for purchase in two colors, which are white + green and white + red. Both of these color combinations are well suited for modern kitchens. Additionally, you can also use the rice cooker in the kitchen of a café. The cooking of the rice is always precise in this cooker so that you always end up with well-cooked rice. The design is also straightforward, and the functionality is easy to understand. There is also a feature of turbo cooking that lets you cook rice in a faster way. You can use this mode/feature whenever you are in a hurry. The LCD screen on the cooker also displays everything well and is easy to read even from a distance. We also like the robust construction of the product that resists damage at all costs. Additionally, you can cook 3 cups of rice in this cooker conveniently.
- The dimensions of the product are – 11.5 X 8 X 9 inches while its weight is 7 pounds.
- You can use the slow cooking mode on the cooker for soups.
- The product is highly safe to use as it comes with quadruple safety features.
- You can also preset the cooking instructions in this cooker.
- The design is streamlined, and the finish is elegant.
How To Choose The Right Rice Cooker
1. Cost: The price or rate of a rice cooker may vary from company to company. In our list, you are going to find affordable, as well as pricey rice cookers. Some rice cookers are priced very higher than the others because they are meant for professional use. They find their best place at cafés or restaurants. However, if you are buying the product for domestic use, you may consider buying the rice cooker that has a price that fits exceptionally well in your budget. Also, you should consider the quality of the product along with its price.
2.Functions: Many rice cookers are supposed to be only used for cooking varieties of rice. On the other hand, you will also find multipurpose rice cookers in the market. According to experts, the latter variant of the rice cooker proves to serve users in a better way. Such rice cookers can be used to make soups as well as one-pot recipes. You can also use them for warming many types of food without any inconvenience. Other than that, you can also cook delicious grains, including oatmeal. In our list, we also have many cookers that can be used for steaming food, such as vegetables.
3. Lid: The lid of a rice cooker is one of the essential parts of it. It helps in sealing the cooker so that the rice is always in the well-cooked state. A good lid also helps in distributing the heat evenly inside the cooker. This feature enhances the flavors and also helps in reducing the time required for cooking. Lids are generally made using the same material as the pot. However, many cookers come with a glass lid. Such lids allow you to monitor rice easily. But you should also know that these lids need better and cautious handling at all times.
4. Power Consumption: There are many rice cookers on our list. You would have already noticed that they are all electrical. Hence, it becomes crucial to know their wattage. Knowing the wattage of a product will help you to know that amount to electricity it is going to consume. Since rice cookers are used regularly, you should consider buying the cooker that consumes less power. Otherwise, it will only create a spike in your monthly electricity bill. You can know the power and voltage of the rice cooker from the product description.
5. Size and Capacity: The size or dimensions of a product is generally mentioned in inches. You can refer to this size of a particular product from the description. It will help you know the storage area that the product will require in your kitchen. Other than that, the capacity of a rice cooker also needs consideration. The capacity of a rice cooker can be easily known by knowing the amount of rice it can cook in a single go. This amount is mentioned as the number of cups. Two to three cups capacity is suited well for singles or couples. On the other hand, higher capacity than two to three cups is generally required for a family.
6. Reviews: You can know many details about a product by reading its reviews on the internet. Online shopping has undoubtedly increased these days. Therefore, people have also started posting reviews of a product that they bought on the internet. You can access them by visiting the popular commercial sites. These reviews by buyers are generally genuine and help you to understand the product in a better sense. The practice of reading reviews online is highly advantageous and will help you choose the right rice cooker for yourself.
Rice Cookers Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it okay to leave a rice cooker switched on overnight? Shall I leave rice in my rice cooker overnight?
No, it is not recommended to leave the rice cooker switched on overnight. Unless the rice cooker is on a timer, do not leave it turned on overnight or while you go out. This is the same when it comes to leaving rice in the rice cooker at night. If you leave the rice in the rice cooker overnight even after cooking it, then it would start absorbing too much water and lose the flavor shape and, in the morning, it would be like a soup.
- If I leave the rice in my rice cooker without opening it, then would it be hot until I open it? will the rice cooker retain the heat for a long time?
No, not all rice cookers have the heat-retaining capacity, check the product specification to ensure if your rice cooker could retain heat for a long time. If you need your rice cooker to keep your food warm, then most of the modern electric rice cookers available today come with a stay-warm feature that would keep the food warm by heating them lightly to keep the temperature optimal inside the cooker.
- Is it possible to reheat rice in a rice cooker?
Yes, most of the rice cookers available on the market today come with a reheat feature, the reheat function could be activated using a specific button, which is commonly placed near the start button. Use this function to reheat your rice or food.
- A rice cooker cooked rice is not good?
There was an assumption that cooking rice in a rice cooker is not a good method. Some people debated that, cooking rice in rice cookers destroys all the nutrients in the rice. This is true to some extent; however, the whole nutrients are not destroyed. Only a part of the nutrients is lost, these nutrients lost from rice could be found in the rice water, if you wish to reap the maximum benefits of consuming rice, then consume the dry water too.
- Which is better-boiled rice or cooker rice?
Most people are more concerned about the calories in the food they consume these days, if the food with higher calories is what you mean by better, then cooker rice is better than boiled rice. A study shows that 100 grams of boiled rice has 130 calories, whereas, 100 grams of cooked rice has 151 calories.
- Why is rice cooker better for cooking rice than other methods?
Rice cookers are easy to use and they cook the rice without demanding any human intervention. On the other hand, most of the other methods like boiling rice, etc. demand human intervention in between to ensure if the cooking is done efficiently.
- Rice cookers burn the rice at the bottom of the cooker, is it true?
Yes, if you are careless and if you set the timer to more than what is required, then it could burn the rice at the bottom of the cooker.
There are many rice cookers available for purchase in the market. However, you cannot be sure about their quality. Due to this reason, buyers often have many confusions and doubts about the product. To solve such problems we decided to bring you a list of rice cookers. Our list has ten highly quality rice cookers that are claimed to be the best in the market. You can use these cookers regularly as per your liking. If you are having problems with selecting a rice cooker, you can also refer to our enhanced buying guide that discusses many aspects. Trust us; a rice cooker will make your life much better.
You will Enjoy Reading: 10 Best Electric Wok in 2020