Did you know? Different food items require different temperatures for preservation. Apart from that, a varying temperature can also affect the flavor and consistency of the food item. In this fast-paced world, food preservation has become extremely important. People have now started preparing food in bulk so that they can eat it throughout the upcoming pair of days. However, if the food that you have cooked is not kept at the right temperature, it will surely be prone to go bad. Such obstacles are often experienced by cooks who own a café or a restaurant. Here is the review of Best Refrigerator Thermometers 2020.
However, there is a solution to tackle this problem easily. And the name of that solution is – refrigerator thermometer. These thermometers help you in monitoring the temperature of freezers as well as the fridge. You can also use them in many other places, including – blast chillers as well as wine cellars. They will make preservation very easy and allow you to eat delicious meals without worrying about the food going stale at any time. We do not have any reason why you shouldn’t own one of these thermometers. You will surely like them just as much as many other users of the product across the country.
Best Buy Refrigerator Thermometers Reviews
1. Rubbermaid Refrigerator Thermometer
The Rubbermaid refrigerator thermometer has occupied the first position on our list. This product will always display the most accurate temperature; this will let you preserve food in a more enhanced way. This thermometer can also withstand wear and tear as it is manufactured using stainless steel. This is an extremely durable material and is known to last many years without rust or corrosion. Other than that, you will also like the fact that the product can also be hung conveniently. You will also like that it also stands pretty well without falling frequently. Additionally, the product is also certified by NSF, and the scale in it is effortless to read. You will be able to read the temperature in two units, which are Celsius and Fahrenheit. The lens of this thermometer is resistant to shatter and protects the scale very well. You will also notice the presence of a hanger in the meter. This hanger will let you hang the product easily from the racks of a freezer or fridge.
- This thermometer provides the reading in two different units at the same time.
- It is highly functional and easy to use.
- Other than that, you can also stand or hang the product as per your convenience.
- You will also like the finish and stainless steel construction.
- It can be used to measure the temperature of many appliances such as – coolers, freezers, fridge, etc.
2. Taylor Precision Products Refrigerator Thermometer
On number two, we have the refrigerator thermometer by the company Taylor Precision Products. This is a highly versatile thermometer that comes with a huge dial. Due to this provision, you will always be able to read the temperature easily and quickly. The material used in creating the product is stainless steel, which keeps the thermometer free from rust. You can hang or stand the thermometer at your convenience. Additionally, the readings lie between – 20 degrees Fahrenheit to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Many danger zones are mentioned in the dial. You should hence always prohibit placing the meter at such places. As a buyer, you will also like the fact that this product comes with a limited warranty of one year. You can claim it easily if the product has any defects or malfunctioning. The company that has brought this thermometer to you has also been in the market for many years with several genuine buyers.
- The product has a large dial through which you can note the readings very quickly.
- The temperature range of this thermometer is also exclusive.
- You can place it in your fridge as well as freezers without worrying about any damage.
- The graphics on the product are very colorful and attractive.
- The design is unique, and you will surely like it a lot.
3. AcuRite Refrigerator Thermometer
We are positive that you will like this product as much as we do. This is a digital thermometer that runs on batteries. In the product package, you will receive two thermometers that can be used in the fridge and freezer, respectively. The back of each of these meters has magnets so that you can easily attach them to the required place. Since the product uses batteries for energy, it does not have any wires. Due to this reason, you can put it anywhere without giving it too many thoughts. Additionally, with the meters, you will also receive a clip and a suction cup. Both of these items will allow you to mount the meters very easily. The temperature range of the product is -40 degrees to 100 degrees (in Fahrenheit). You will also like the temperature alarm that alerts you if there is an unusual spike in the temperature in any condition. Moreover, the product also comes with a warranty of one year, and the whole package only weighs 9.9 ounces. The batteries do not come included with the product and are needed to be bought separately.
- The product comes with an exclusive temperature alarm that sends alerts when the temperature is rising or falling unusually.
- There are two thermometers in the product that you can use separately for your fridge and freezer.
- 2 AAA batteries power the product.
- Additionally, the product also has magnetic strips and keyholes at the back for easy mounting at all times.
4. Unigear Refrigerator Thermometer
Next up, on our list, we have the refrigerator thermometer by Unigear. These thermometers are also digital and are also very easy to use. There is the provision of an LCD screen on the meters that work well all the time. Additionally, we have to inform you that the product comes in a pack of two; this is so that you can use them separately in your freezer as well as the fridge. We also like the fact that these meters are waterproof. Due to this reason, they last longer than other thermometers. You can also choose the product from two different colors. These colors are – black and white. The price of the product will also not be considered very high as the meters are digital. You can also record the previous temperatures so that you can monitor everything well. Additionally, the temperature range of the product is -4 degrees Fahrenheit to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. It will surely help you to keep your food at the right temperature. If you have problems with the product, you can also return it quickly within six months. Other than that, you will also like the foldable hooks on the meters that help you hang them conveniently.
- This product comes in a pack of two thermometers.
- The LCD screen of the meters is immaculate and easy to read.
- You can also return the product within six months if you have any quality issues.
- These thermometers are light in weight and have the dimensions of – 1 X 8.5 X 4.5 cm each.
- We also like the easy to use design and functionality of the product a lot.
5. Jsdoin Refrigerator Thermometer
This affordable thermometer with a large dial comes in a pack of two. The temperature range of the meter lies between -20 degrees to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The strength of the stainless steel material is very high and will surely help the product last many years in your fridge and freezer. You will also like the clean construction and finish of this thermometer. As you would have already noticed, the product has a broad base so that you can place it anywhere without inconvenience. The integrated hook on the product will also make the placement very easy. The company also provides a guarantee to all the buyers of this product. Many buyers have claimed that the product is exceptionally incredible when it comes to resisting rust. Additionally, the large dial of the product has a red indicator so that you can read the temperature even from a distance. The performance of the product is a factor that has been well rated by many customers across the country.
- The packaging dimensions of the product are – 4.7 X 3.4 X 1.5 inches.
- The thermometers are light n weight and easy to mount.
- The product also has a broad base, so it stands well and remains balanced.
- We also like the simple yet functional design of the product.
- Other than refrigerators, you can also use the thermometers in wine cellars as well as deep freezers.
6. Taylor Refrigerator Thermometer
This refrigerator thermometer by Taylor has secured the sixth position on our list. It is a well-built thermometer that can be chosen from two different color options which are – black and white. Both of these colors are pretty universal and will suit many colors and designs of refrigerators. The dial of the product has a size of 2.5 inches, and it shows accurate readings between 20 degrees Fahrenheit to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Like many other thermometers, this product is also constructed using high-quality stainless steel. You will also like the two-way brackets that help you to hang or stand the product as per your liking. Additionally, the thermometer only weighs 0.8 ounces and has the dimensions of – 6 X 5 X 2 inches. It also has high ratings on the internet by many buyers. You can read the temperature at any time to maintain the flavors as well as the quality of your food. This thermometer can also be delivered anywhere in the United States within a matter of a few days.
- The product is made using long-lasting stainless steel.
- You can choose the thermometer from two different colors.
- The product is highly functional and practical.
- You can use it in your fridge as well as the freezer.
- The hook on the product can be used to hang it from the refrigerator shelf.
7. AMIR Refrigerator Thermometer
This thermometer is digital and can be used both indoor as well as outdoor. However, you have to know that the batteries required in the meter do not come with the product. Other than that, it is brought in the market by the famous company AMIR. You will like the thermometer’s sleek yet stylish design a lot. The product comes in a package of two thermometers so that it is more convenient for you to use them in the freezer or fridge. One of the best parts about the product is that it has an audio alarm. This alarm lets you know whenever there is a sharp increase or decrease in the temperature. You can also access old readings in the meter very easily. Additionally, the thermometer is very easy to understand and use, even by beginners. There are also a few sensors which help in enhancing the functionality of the product. You can also study the installation process easily. The monitor comes as a separate part, and you can place it away from the fridge. It will still tell you the readings with the help of the thermometer sensors.
- In the package, you receive two thermometers and a monitor.
- The monitor stands very well and can be placed anywhere.
- The price of the product is very cost-effective.
- Additionally, the temperature range of the meter lies between 14 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The transmission range of the product is 100 meters or 328 feet.
8. Camco Refrigerator Thermometer
On number eight of our list, we have the refrigerator thermometer by Camco. It is highly recommended if you want a product to measure the internal temperature of the freezer or refrigerator. The dial has well-printed readings, and the indicator also has a sharp point to always indicate the most accurate reading. The product only weighs 1.6 ounces and has the dimensions of – 1.3 X 2.5 X 3 inches only. You will also like the low price and high ratings of the product on the internet. The material used in manufacturing the product is stainless steel, which helps keep the development of rust at bay. It is also very sturdy and does not allow any cracks or damages to develop on it. The in-built and excellent base will help in placing the product inside the freezer or refrigerator. You can also hang the product as per your liking with the help of the hook on it.
- The product can be hanged or stood as per your liking and convenience.
- The finish is very sleek and is worth commending.
- The temperature range allows you to use the thermometer in both freezers and refrigerators.
- The product only weighs 1.6 ounces.
- It is also compact and does not take huge space inside your refrigerator.
9. DayMark Safety Systems Refrigerator Thermometer
On number nine, we have the DayMark Safety Systems refrigerator thermometer for you. This product, like many other thermometers on this list, is made using stainless steel of very high quality. You can use it in your fridge as well as a freezer/deep freezer. The product also does not extremely heat up or freeze with the rise or fall of temperature. You will surely be able to monitor your food very well once you purchase this product. This thermometer is very simple to use. All you have to do is place it inside your refrigerator, and it will quickly indicate the temperature. To clean the product, you are recommended to wipe it with a clean cloth. The product is very sturdy, but you should still carry it carefully. The dial of the thermometer is 2.4 inches in size. This size is standard and very well suited when it comes to refrigerator thermometer dials. The indicator is bright red so that you can always read the temperature with ease.
- The range of this thermometer is -30 degrees to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The product is round and comes with an attachment clip present at its back.
- It also has many positive ratings regarding its ease to use.
- You can monitor all types of food in the fridge with this product.
- You will also like the lightweight nature of the product.
10. HIC Refrigerator Thermometer
Lastly, we have the refrigerator thermometer by Harold Import Co. for you. The product has a 2.5-inch dial and also has the provision of a simple hook on its head. The price is extremely affordable, and the product can also be delivered anywhere in the United States. You can use it to preserve food in a better way and reduce food wastage. This thermometer has found many uses in restaurants and cafés. These places cook food in bulk, so there is a high chance of it being wasted. Additionally, the product can also be used in the freezer to monitor the quality and flavors of ice creams and gelatos. To wash this product, you can wash it in soapy, warm water. Moreover, this thermometer can also be used in wine fridges, blast chillers, as well as portable coolers. You can also read many reviews of this product by buyers all across the country.
- This thermometer has multiple uses in many places.
- It shows temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- You can also place and mount it with great ease.
- The product is food safe and has also been approved by the NSF.
- It helps in reducing food spoilage.
How To Choose The Right Refrigerator Thermometer
You can consider the below-mentioned aspects to make the right choice when it comes to refrigerator thermometers. Let us discuss them one by one –
1. Temperature Range: the temperature range of a thermometer refers to the scale around or between which it can measure the temperature. These ranges are printed in some thermometers, while in the case of digital thermometers, they are not. If the lower range is extremely low, it means that the thermometer can be used in many different freezers. Other than that, these thermometers can also be used in wine cellars as well as blast cellars. Again, the lowest range will suit the best if you are buying the product for your business.
2. Functionality: There are many refrigerator thermometers available in the market that simply indicates the temperature with the help of an indicator. However, you will also find the digital variants of the product. These products require a battery to operate and have a sleeker design. They also mention the temperature in decimal values so that you experience better accuracy and precision. Digital thermometers are also faster when it comes to working. On the other hand, regular thermometers are sturdier and will surely last many years in your refrigerators and freezers.
3. Material: We have seen many thermometers that are created using stainless steel. Such thermometers can withstand harsh conditions very well. Other than that, they can also be used in hot as well as cold environments. Some of these thermometers can be even washed directly in the water. This is not the case with digital thermometers. These types of thermometers have electrical components and run on batteries. You can also not use them in very cold or very hot areas.
4. Other special features: All the products on our list have are different from each other. They also have numerous unique features that make them more distinct. Therefore, before buying a product, you should give some consideration to these features. Many times there will be instances where a single special feature will be able to attract buyers into purchasing the product. You can quickly know these features by reading the product description carefully.
5. Reviews by buyers: Numerous reviews by buyers can be read and accessed on many different e-commercial platforms. If you read them, you will find many features that were not even listed in the product details. Other than that, you will also get a slight experience of the thermometer even before purchasing it. Such reviews are also helpful to know the genuineness of the product. If you are someone who does not read reviews, we would suggest you start doing so. You will notice that your choices will become better after reading the reviews.
6. Price: The price of refrigerator thermometers depends on its type and material used in manufacturing it. However, you should know that while exploring them, you will find affordable, as well as high-end products. If you are buying the thermometer for domestic uses, we will recommend you to buy the one that suits your budget the most. However, if the thermometer is likely to be used in your business, you can go with high-end products. Make sure that the quality is also high, and the functionality is also something that will serve you well throughout the years.
Refrigerator Thermometer Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a Refrigerator Thermometer?
Refrigerators have become very advance now, and they are smart enough to monitor the temperature themselves. Many people believe that you do not need a refrigerator thermometer because of all the new technology. The fact is slightly different. The thermometer plays an important role, mostly if your refrigerator is filled with food. Even marginally lower temperatures can lead to food spoilage. In such a case, you should always monitor the temperature. In the case of voltage fluctuation, the refrigerator may not work efficiently, which is a problem. You can buy a digital or an analog Refrigerator Thermometer to ensure that you are consuming safe food.
- What is the right way to use Refrigerator Thermometer?
It is essential to use the Refrigerator Thermometer the right way to get the correct temperature. It is advisable to check the temperature of the food or liquid that has been in the fridge for 24 hours. Experts also suggest keeping a glass of water in the refrigerator and taking the temperature of the water. All this can be avoided if you are using an instant-read thermometer. For measuring the temperature of the freezer, you would need to place the thermometer in ice cream or any other frozen food.
- Do I need to calibrate Refrigerator Thermometer?
All digital models do not need any calibration. If you would still like to check the accuracy, you can do the boiling point and the freezing point test. In the boiling point test, take the boiling water reading, and you should get a 100 C reading. In the freeze point test, take the crushed ice temperature, and you should get 0 C.
- Will I experience food spoilage at 40 F?
The recommended temperature for storing the food is below 40 F. In such a case, anything above 40 F will lead to food spoilage. The liquids like milk may start turning sour as well. The primary question is if the food will spoil at 40 F. Well, 40 F is considered to be a danger zone, and you must not set the temperature this high. Keep the temperature low and ensure that the food is stored correctly. For the freezer, the temperature should be set at 0 F. Maintain the right temperature in the unit. This will ensure that the bacteria or the mold doesn’t grow.
- Can I use Refrigerator Thermometer in a Freezer?
Your Refrigerator Thermometer can be used in a freeze. Most thermometers have a range that is suitable for the freeze. In addition to this, it is vital to use the Refrigerator Thermometer in a freezer, especially if it has a dial control. You can never achieve the right temperature because of the dial control, which has settings like normal, cold, summer, etc. In such a case, you need to keep checking the temperature of the freezer regularly. It becomes even more important to check the temperature if you store meat in the freezer. The meat can go bad very quickly if the freezer is not maintained at the appropriate temperature.
Refrigerator thermometers have become a great necessity these days for home cooks as well as professional cooks. While you may already know their uses and importance, you might still suffer from not being able to find the right product. Therefore, to help our readers, we decided to come up with the top-rated refrigerator thermometers. These thermometers will surely find use at your homes and business. If you are a first-time buyer of the product, you can also refer to our enhanced buying guide to make the right choice. We hope that you find the thermometer that you have been looking for.
You will love to read about: 10 Best Air Fryer in 2020