Range hoods are the exhaust appliances that act like modern chimneys. Hence, they help in the elimination of bad and false smells and odor from your cooking space. When you are cooking food using spices, it becomes crucial to make their infusion in the air go away as soon as possible. We are mentioning this because many people are allergic to these spices. The spice infusions in the air are enough to make many people sneeze and have a burning feeling in their eyes. Here is the in-depth review of Best Range Hoods for the money.
All of these drastic things can be easily avoided if you install a good range hood in the kitchen. These hoods have exhaust fans that such the air from the kitchen. They also make your kitchen quickly cool as they suck the hot air and throw it out of your house as soon as possible. Hence, buying them is a beneficial idea. Range hoods are good because you can use them even when your burners are on. This cannot be done with fans as they will simply blow the burners off.
Different Kitchen Range Hoods Type:
- Wall Range Hoods: In these hoods, there is no cabinet above, and the vents have to be exposed for proper exhaustion of smoke and smell. They are stacked directly to the walls. The vent stacks of these Hood ranges are also free and exposed.
- Downdraft Range Hoods: These hoods are the ones that make the exhaustion direction reverse so that fumes can be vented out from the ducts that are situated below the kitchen floor. The installation of these hoods is very difficult, and you will always have to have extreme professional help.
- Undercabinet Range Hoods: As mentioned in the name, these range hoods are mounted below the kitchen cabinets as they move the exhausted fume from the back and throw it outside the kitchen space. These hoods, however, take large areas for installation.
- Island Range Hoods: The ducts of these hoods go through the ceiling. They are generally installed in the kitchens of the cafeteria as they make the place cool.
- Their suction area, however, must be wide; otherwise, its efficiency would reduce.
- Ductless Range Hoods: These hoods do not have ducts. These hoods can take the smoke and steam away from the cooking area, but it will simply throw it in the kitchen. They are generally cheaper as the charge of installation is not too much. But experts do not recommend these hoods at all.
Let us discuss ten of these appliances called range hoods below –
1. Cosmo Range Hood
The Cosmo 5MU30 30-in Under-Cabinet range hood has secured the top position in our list of best range hoods. This product carries a very slim design, which saves a lot of kitchen space. Such slim range hoods are perfect for apartments and condos. You can install this ventilation hood against a wall or under a cabinet, whichever place you prefer the most. Additionally, unlike the other regular vent hoods, this hood does not make any kind of loud and disturbing sound. It consumes a power of 120 volts.
This hood has 200 CFM of suction capacity, which is considered very powerful. Therefore, it effectively eliminates odors and bad smells without causing any problem. Besides that, it also possesses two aluminum mesh filters; both are safe to be washed in the dishwasher, which enhances the users. The same aluminum filters are responsible for trapping the oil and grease from the air inside the kitchen. You can easily operate this range hood with the help of its easy-to-push buttons.
- The product is slim and can save a lot of space inside the kitchen.
- The filters are made up of aluminum and are safe to be washed in the dishwasher.
- The suction capacity of this range hood is 200 CFM.
- The LED lights are energy-efficient and bright.
2. Broan-NuTone Range Hood (Silver)
The Broan-NuTone 413004 Ductless Range Hood has secured the runner-up spot on our list of best range hoods. This range hood boasts a stainless steel body that is sturdy and durable. The design of this range hood is extremely stylish and can fit any modern kitchen. You would like to know that unlike the other range hoods, this range hood is available in a variety of widths and colors, which is beyond amazing. Moreover, for added convenience, this product is capable of working in an ADA-complaint application.
You might be aware that the kitchen can serve as a primary source of poor air; this may affect those who have lung-related illnesses. Therefore you should always purchase an efficient and good quality range hood for your kitchen. The Broan range hood is made to clean the atmosphere inside your kitchen. Once you purchase this product, you will never turn back to any other product. I also like the one year warranty that is provided by the brand. This enhances the reliability of the product.
- The design of this range hood is straightforward yet extremely stylish.
- This range hood will suit all types of kitchen interiors.
- The fan of this range hood can operate in 2 different speed levels.
- Its finish is smooth and shiny at the same time.
3. Cosmo Range Hood (Convertible)
Next, up, we have the Cosmo QS75 30-in Under-Cabinet stainless steel range hood for our readers. It is one of the most well-designed range hoods available in the market. What we like the most about this product is that it comes along with remote control. This increases the convenience of users. You would also love to know that this range hood has an extremely powerful suction capacity of 900 CFM. A range hood with such a strong suction capacity is not easy to find in the market.
You can have the speed of the fan on four different speed levels. It includes high, medium, and low level of suction, you are free to choose any one of them based on your cooking requirements. Additionally, the 1.5 watt LED lights are commendable, there are two such LED lights present in this range hood. Moreover, the product does not emit any weird sounds, and it runs quiet and smooth. There is also a provision of an automatic timer in this range hood. With the help of this timer, the user can perform multiple tasks.
- This range hood is very powerful and efficient i.e., It has a 900 CFM capacity.
- The remote control feature makes the product simple and convenient.
- The range hood can be used without ducts (with carbon filter).
- The carbon filter in this hood is one of the most efficient filters.
4. Broan-NuTone Range Hood (250 CFM)
On number four, I added the Broan NuTone Silver 250 CFM range hood. This range hood can be installed over all types of kitchen countertops that can be bought from two color finishes. These color finishes are – stainless and aluminum. Most people go with the stainless steel finish, but I like the Aluminum finish very much as it has a shiny matte appearance. Both of these finishes are silver and are hence suitable for commercial kitchens. However, do not set back from buying this range hood for your home. It will look equally good in domestic kitchens too.
The lighting in the hood is handy as it gives you a better vision of the appliance at night. The filter attached in the hood is one piece, and did you know? You can wash this filter if you want to, and it will never create any problems. Additionally, the filter is dishwasher eligible. Hence, you can just toss in the rack of your kitchen dishwasher and move on with other kitchen tasks. This will help people save a lot of time in the kitchen and make a person feel more productive and less tired. Buy this highly versatile range hood for your kitchen now.
- The motor of the product runs at two speeds.
- The surface of the appliance is powder coated for a better silver finish.
- The bottom of the product is fully enclosed so that it does not trap any flies or insects.
- There is a hood insert in this range for better ventilation.
5. Hauslane Range Hood
This hood range can be operated ductless or with the 3-way ventilators. Like many other range hoods, it is made using stainless steel and comes with a shiny silver finish. It is rectangular and will hence fit between most of the kitchen cabinets. If you like white appliances, you can buy the matt white version of this hood from the color choices. Additionally, this range hood is available in two sizes, which are 30 inches and 36 inches. Hence, if you have ample cabinet space, you can buy the 36-inch version or simply go with the smaller option.
One of the best parts of this hood is the fume extractor. This extractor is exceptionally useful in removing grease and smoke from the air. Therefore, if you do not have proper kitchen ventilation, this range hood is here to save you. After preparing every meal, this range hood will leave your kitchen fresh and free from odors. Even in the most robust settings, this range hood will still not create any unwanted or loud noises. You can watch your TV shows across the hall without getting disturbed while you cook. The motor of this range has three different speed settings.
- The range hood is available in two different sizes as per the buyer’s requirement.
- The outer finish of the hood is lovely and beautiful.
- This range hood is equipped with a fume extractor for better smoke extraction.
- It is a rectangular range hood that has charcoal filters.
- The exhaust in the hood happens in three directions.
6. Broan-NuTone Range Hood (Black)
This is the third Broan-NuTone range hood on this list. And it is the only black range hood here. I did not want to disappoint any black lovers. After all, black appliances are the statement pieces we all need in our modern kitchens. Additionally, other than looking good, this hood is also highly functional. Its fan’s wings work so well that they suck out the kitchen’s spiciest and false odors in just a minute. All you have to do is operate it using the buttons given on the panel. The entire operation of the appliance is easy to understand.
Its price point is also not that high. Now, isn’t that incredible? You will have the sleekest, most stylish range hood that will fit in your budget and still work fantastically. It can be practically used in all kitchen applications, and its working is very quiet and smooth. Be it excessive moisture or smoke. This range hood will prove to be the single solution. It will also help improve the air quality by trapping dust and pollutants present in the kitchen and sometimes even from the nearby rooms.
- This range hood has an incandescent bulb of 75 Watts.
- It consumes 300 watts of power and works at 120 Volts.
- The duct directions are vertical as well as horizontal.
- The damper and aluminum filter comes included with the range hood.
- The aluminum grease filter can be washed using the dishwasher.
7. Winflo Range Hood
These hoods utilize quality engineered components and premium stainless steel material. Due to this reason, its quality is simply excellent. With a stylish appeal, this hood will prove to be a great piece in your kitchen. Over time, it will blend with other kitchen appliances and become an integral part of your home. Other than this, this hood is also certified by the ETL. Therefore you can fully trust it. The product has a centrifugal motor, and still, its operation is hushed. The filters in the product are of two types that include non-ducted and ducted filters.
Both of these filters are made from charcoal, which is known to have high absorbability. The chimney can also be adjusted as it is telescopic; therefore, you can decide its position as per your requirements. If you want to install it on a very high ceiling, you can go with the chimney extension. The filters that come with the hood are removable and washable. Hence, they remain highly functional throughout the hood’s life. The fan of the range hood can be operated at three different speeds. For operation, you just have to push the buttons on the product.
- This hood has a silver finish and can be installed in domestic as well as commercial kitchens.
- The plug and power cord comes included with the hood in the product.
- The appliance also has LED lights on it for white and soft light energy.
- The suction operation of the product is at 400 CFM.
- The vent is located at the top and is connected to the duck work.
8. Cosmo Range Hood (63190)
Let us go through the Cosmo Range Hood now. This hood has a highly workable exhaust fan that works at three different speeds. Therefore it will allow you to eliminate smells from your kitchen as per their amount or spread in the house. Even when the fan works at three speeds, it still does not make any extra noise. However, one must know that the filter of the product is permanent; hence you cannot take it out for washing purposes like other filters in other range hoods. This is the only drawback of this range hood.
Its design is smooth, and its finish is sturdy. Hence it will complement light as well as dark-toned interiors as well as kitchen walls. The noise that this hood creates is only 65 dB. 65 dB is quite tolerable and won’t agitate or irritate you while cooking in your kitchen. The modern and European design of the product is why it has a place in various American kitchens. For buying this hood, you can access it online or directly click the link. It will move you to a portal where you can purchase it safely and get it at your home address.
- The wall mount of this hood is 30 inches long, which is enough for low lying cooktops.
- The surface of the hood and be wiped clean with a clean cloth to remove oil stains.
- There are push-button controls in this appliance, which are all very easy to control.
- The filters are permanent, and the air flows in the form of arcs.
- There are two efficient lights in this range hood.
9. IKTCH Range Hood
This is a 30-inch range hood that can be installed at a low as well as high height in kitchens. However, its operation is the best when it is installed at a regular and medium height. The motor of the product is highly operational, and you will also get a warranty of 10 years on it. Hence, it is one of the most loved and bought range hoods in the market. The buttons of the product do not create any annoying noise, and the hood also has a timer which is operational between 1 to 15 minutes. The wattage of the motor is 2*70 Watts only.
Additionally, the hood only creates a noise of 35 dB when it is on. It operates at 120 Volts and a frequency of 60 Hertz. The location of the vents is at the topmost and rear position, which is known to be an ideal location. There are also a few LED lamps and switch controls that let you operate the hood efficiently. In these pieces, the buyers receive a warranty of 5 years. Now, isn’t that fantastic? The baffle filters on the hood are washable. You are recommended to wash them regularly so that the hood can easily remove odors and heat from the kitchen.
- The stainless steel used in the hood is 1mm thick.
- The fans are well balanced and rotate at four speeds.
- The appliance meets the Canada and US safety standards.
- The motors are ultra-quiet and of the squirrel cage type.
- The dimensions of this range hood are – 30 X 20 X 5 inches.
10. Kitchenexus Range Hood
At last, I thought of discussing the specifications and pros of the Kitchenexus Range Hood. It is a 30-inch stainless steel hood with LED lighting. The LED lights can be easily replaced if they stop working. The company Kitchenexus was established in 2006. Since then, their range hoods are loved by Americans all over the US. All of their range hoods meet the ETL standards. The 300 CFM airflow of the range hood is just unmatched and unparalleled. All the unwanted odors can be easily removed once this range hood is installed in your kitchen.
There are a couple of baffle filters in the product that can be washed as per the cleaning requirements. The lumen LED lights can be lighted during the operation so that the user can work at optimum light. These lights help you have access to the control buttons when your kitchen does not have sufficient lights. This way, you will never end up pressing the wrong buttons in the hoods. It will fit between the area of cabinets and help your cooking area become free of allergic and spicy odors. You must buy this hood to have a high class look in your kitchen.
- The look of this range hood is extremely high class.
- The baffle filters are safe to be washed in the dishwasher.
- Since the LED lights in the hood are very bright, they help in saving energy.
- The design of the product is slim to save space in the kitchen.
- There is an aluminum fan in the product with a bronze motor.
How to Choose a Good Range Hood – Buyer’s Guide
1. Price: Since range hoods are long term appliances, they are often priced at a high rate. Hence, it becomes essential to choose them wisely. Buying low-cost range hoods might generally mean that they have low quality. Therefore, these types of range hoods won’t last more than a year in your kitchen. However, high price range hoods are not affordable for many people. Therefore, it will be great to go with an appliance that does not cost too much and still has good quality. For knowing the quality, consider the aspects as given below.
2. Fans: Range hoods have fans that rotate to eliminate odor and smell. These fans are of the exhaust type, so that they help in sucking the smell away from the kitchen. When these fans can be operated at different speeds, they are more functional. Buying fans that can run in three speeds allow you to manage them as per the amount of odor and heat in the kitchen. This way, they help save energy and motor life as the buyer can run them slowly when there is not that much of a false smell and heated air in the kitchen after cooking.
3. Filters: These days, filters in the range hoods are the charcoal filters. These filters absorb odor very well and eliminate the smell of spices in just a few minutes. Buying hoods with such filters will prove to be a great investment. However, some hoods can also have aluminum filters. Even when such hoods are costly, they work better than any other filters and also last very long. You must also consider if these filters are washable or not. If they are washable, they will be more functional. Some filters can also be washed very easily in the dishwasher.
4. Size: To know the hood’s size, just head on to the description to look for its dimensions. Many people leave spaces for hoods when they make a kitchen. Generally, these spaces are only 30 inches wide; hence you must look for the dimensions whenever you buy the range hood. Because if you end up with wider hoods, it will not fit in that space, and if the range hood is not returnable, it will merely be a loss for you. You can also think of buying telescopic hoods if the installation space lies far above from your countertop.
5. Reviews: All the reviews of the range hoods on our list are archived in many e-commercial. Hence you can read them very easily without any difficulty. All you got to have is a good internet connection, and you will be able to read all the reviews to know more than enough about the hood. These reviews will also help you choose the right hood that will suit all your kitchen chimney needs. Hence, read them with the utmost concentration.
There are many range hoods in the market. However, not all of these hoods need to be of good quality. Many times people buy local range hoods that need replacement in just a couple of years. In the long term, investing is such range hoods will only create a hole in your money pockets. Hence, we brought you ten of the best range hoods that are enough to suffice many chimney needs in the kitchen. We are positive that you will find at least one match in our list.