Mixing bowls are recommended to be used in the kitchen by many expert cooks. These bowls have higher walls than regular containers and will surely help you in mixing ingredients in a better way. Whether it is the task of whisking eggs or mixing cake batter, these bowls will prove to be excellent. You would already know that these bowls are created using different materials. These materials may include – plastic, glass, ceramic as well as stainless steel. It is usually suggested to keep at least three mixing bowls at your home. Here, for many consumers, we came with an amazing review and reports on the latest Mixing Bowls for Baking in this year.
However, if you own a cooking business or own a restaurant, you may need a lot of them. The best part about these bowls is that they aren’t that costly. Due to this reason, many people have started owning them. You will see many cooks on the internet uploading cooking videos. There is always one thing in common in such videos, and that is – mixing bowls. We do understand that it can be tough to select a set of this product. But be assured that our below-given list will solve your problems. You can also read the benefits and buying guide for these bowls if you like.
Owning good mixing bowls will help you maintain and manage many tasks in the kitchen. You will also get less number of utensils dirty. And that always goes easy for the dishwasher. Doesn’t it? Many famous chefs claim that they can’t even think of working without mixing bowls in the kitchen. And we agree with them. Mixing bowls will help you immensely with smaller as well as larger tasks in the kitchen. Hence, you can mix salads in them, but you can also use them to prepare the cake batter. Please buy such bowls you will not regret your decision.
Advantages of Mixing Bowls for Baking
We have provided numerous benefits of mixing bowls below. Make sure you read them all because it will help you become more confident about your decision to buy mixing bowls. Let us start discussing these advantages now –
Make mixing easy: Let’s be honest; mixing things in a bowl is much easier than mixing it in some other utensils. Mixing bowls are exclusively created so that you can keep your kitchen mess-free at all times. You will notice that the mixture is also well mixed if it is mixed in a bowl; this is because bowls have high walls and a flat surface. This feature lets you quickly stir the mixture that, too, without extra efforts.
Free up other utensils: We have seen many people having this issue. They choose a utensil for mixing ingredients that they require for cooking. But when they need the utensil for its stated purpose, it is always dirty and lying in the sink. If you buy a mixing bowl, you will be able to prevent that entirely. These bowls are specially designed for mixing only, and you will be able to get them handy every time.
Cost-effective: It is also a fact that mixing bowls are cheaper than cooking utensils. Many people can afford these bowls and use them in their kitchen. The price is never on the very high-end, and some people can even afford to buy multiple sets of mixing bowls. However, we recommend you to do that only if you own a business. Having a single set of mixing bowls at your kitchen will be sufficient for personal use.
Multipurpose: There are many purposes that a mixing bowl can serve. You can use these bowls for kneading, mixing, stirring as well as prepping food items and ingredients in your kitchen. They always come handy and are very easy to use. Apart from that, you can also use these bowls for storage purposes. You can even carry them like a tiffin and store snacks when you are traveling. However, this requires your bowls to come with lids.
Easy to store: You will notice that even when mixing bowls come in a set, they are straightforward to store; this is because, in a set, they are of different sizes. Due to this reason, you can nest them above each other according to their size. They also do not take much space in your kitchen and can usually be kept in small areas as well as shelves.
1. FineDine Mixing Bowls
This is one of the best stainless steel mixing bowls that comes in a set of 6 bowls. All these bowls are of different sizes and fit inside each other as they are nesting bowls. This feature reduces the space that you need to store the bowls. Apart from that, you will love the fact that these bowls are made using high-quality stainless steel. The finish of the bowls is mirror-like and is extremely shiny and reflective. You can easily clean the bowls, and they remain free from stains. Whatever you mix in the bowl, you will never get a false taste. You can also collect the bowls quickly to make your kitchen countertop clutter-free. The bottom of each bowl is flat so that you can mix things easily without making the bowl get imbalanced on the surface.
- Stainless steel material is used in making the bowls, which is very durable.
- These bowls can be hand washed as well as put in a dishwasher.
- You will receive six nesting bowls of different sizes in the product.
- The rims of the product are wide so that you can grip the bowls comfortably.
- The base is flat and does not make the bowls lose balance ever.
- The capacity of each bowl is marked at the bottom to make mixing more efficient.
2. OXO Mixing Bowls
You will receive three bowls of different sizes and colors if you buy the product. The colors are – green, blue, and yellow. Additionally, the size of the bowls is – 5 quart, 3 quart, and 1.5 quarts. The bottom of each bowl is non-skid type so that there is no slippage at any time. Apart from that, these bowls are manufactured using BPA free material. Due to this reason, these bowls are much safer than the regular mixing bowls you see in the market. You can also use electric mixers in the bowls without worrying about any damage to the product. We also love the fact that the price of the product is very cost-effective. However, you only receive three bowls.
- The bowls are of different colors and sizes for easy identification.
- These bowls are safe to be washed in the dishwasher.
- The shape of each bowl is in such a way that it minimizes the effort required for mixing.
- The bowls do not have any BPA in their material.
- You can store them in even the tightest and most compact spaces with ease.
- The walls of the bowls are tall, so prevents any kind of splatter in the kitchen.
3. Pyrex Mixing Bowls (3-piece)
Our list would not have been completed if we had not mentioned a Pyrex product. The brand is very famous, and its glass mixing bowls are trendy amongst cooks. These bowls come in a set of three. All these bowls are made using glass and are of different sizes. As you may already know, it is safer to put food in the glass as compared to other materials. Glass never reacts with food and is hence recommended by many experts. You will surely like this three-piece bowl set as much as we do. Buy this product now to have a fantastic mixing experience.
- These bowls are made from durable glass and are safe to be put in the microwave.
- You can use these bowls to mix as well as stir ingredients.
- The product is made in the United States and comes with a warranty of two years.
- Apart from microwaves, you can also put these bowls in the freezer as well as the dishwasher.
- The glass of the bowls is nonporous, which means that it does not absorb the flavor, odor, or stain of the food in it.
4. Pyrex Mixing Bowls (8-piece)
This is the best mixing bowls with lids. As you would have already noticed, this is the second Pyrex product on our list; this is because the brand is very well known to create only authentic products. They have been in the market for several years and have never failed to satisfy their customers. This product is a set of four bowls that come with lids. Due to this reason, the collection is an eight-piece set. The covers are made with plastic and are completely free from BPA. These lids are safe to be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher. Apart from that, the bowls are made using glass. Additionally, the product comes with a warranty of two years. The bowls are also cost-effective and can be afforded by many people.
- The bowls come with lids so that you can also use them for storing food items.
- The bowls can be put in the freezer, microwave, fridge as well as dishwasher.
- The total item weight of the product is 3.8 pounds, and they are all of the different sizes.
- The glass used in making the bowls never reacts with food at any cost.
- The bowls are of very high quality and are highly recommended by buyers.
5. KitchenAid Mixing Bowls
The KitchenAid mixing bowls have secured the fifth position on our list. These bowls can be selected from five different colors. These colors are – aqua sky, misty blue, pistachio, white, and red. However, you have to know that the bowls in a set are of the same colors. There are three bowls in a set, and like many other mixing bowls, these bowls are also of different sizes. The base remains firm on the surface and never slips to cause any unwanted splatter. You will even notice that each bowl has a spout. Due to this spout, it is easier to transfer and pour mixtures without and mess. Apart from that, the buyers are provided with a warranty for one year with the product. These bowls are easy to clean and will surely last a long time in your kitchen.
- The base of the bowls is non-slip.
- You can choose the product from six color variants.
- The product comes with a warranty of one year and can be quickly returned.
- There are spouts on each bowl so that the transfer is smooth.
- The shipping weight of the product is 2.14 pounds, and the packaging dimensions are – 9.5 X 11 X 6.2 inches.
6. Pyrex Mixing Bowls (8-piece with locking lids)
These bowls are the third Pyrex product that we have added to our list. These bowls are made from glass while their covers are created using plastic. These lids are all of the different colors so that you can identify the bowls quickly if you are using them for storage. Like many other Pyrex bowls, these bowls also come with a warranty of two years. You will also never have any complaints about the staining of the glass ever. Apart from that, you can put these bowls in the microwave and wash them in the dishwasher as well. You will also get a limited warranty on the lids against any kind of damages.
- There are four bowls of different sizes in the set.
- These bowls have locking lids that fit very well on them.
- The transparency of the glass material gives you a better view of the food in the bowl.
- The entire item weighs 2 pounds, and the packaging dimensions are – 15 X 10 X 2 inches.
- The product is well rated by many customers across the country.
- You can use the bowls for storage as well as mixing purposes.
7. Bellemain Mixing Bowls
On number seven of our list, we have the mixing bowls by Bellemain. There are four bowls of different sizes in this set, and they are all highly durable. The design of the bowls is exceptionally stylish, and they are made using stainless steel material. Additionally, the bowls also come with lids that fit tightly to secure the food inside. Apart from that, there is also a non-slip coating on the surface of these bowls that enhances your grip by increasing friction. You can put the bowls in a freezer as well as a dishwasher without worrying about any damage. The product will never rust even after washing multiple times. These bowls can also ne nested one above the other according to their size.
- The set contains four stainless steel mixing bowls.
- These bowls also have well-fitting BPA-free lids.
- You can wash the bowls in the dishwasher and never notice rusting at any time.
- The base of each bowl is coated with silicone so that they never slip.
- You can also use these bowls as measuring cups.
- The finish of the product is excellent, and the bowls look shiny.
8. FineDine Mixing bowls
The FineDine mixing bowls have secured the eighth position on our list. They come in a set of five bowls of different sizes. You will also receive lids of these bowls so that you can use the product for storage purposes too. The design of the bowls is in such a way that it makes the bowls more stable and long-lasting. You can use the bowls for mixing cake batters, veggies, dough kneading, and much more. Additionally, the bowls are made from high-quality stainless steel that gives a mirror finish to the product. The price of the product is also affordable, and many people can buy the set without worrying about their budget. Buy these bowls now to use them for many things in your kitchen.
- The stainless steel bowls come in a set of five and have a gleaming finish.
- These bowls are more profound than regular mixing bowls to make mixing even better.
- The lids are made using high-quality plastic, which is also BPA-free.
- The bowls are resistant to dents, as well as rust.
- The rims of the bowls are wide for better pouring.
- You can also use this bowl set for gifting purposes.
9. Sagler Mixing Bowls
On number nine, we have the mixing bowls by Sagler. The best part of the product is that you receive six bowls in this product. All these bowls are of different sizes and are made using stainless steel material. They are also straightforward to clean and do not get stained from pigmented ingredients. Apart from that, you can also use this product as a gift to your acquaintances. You will like the finish and quantity of each bowl very much. Many buyers have also said that they have also used these bowls are serving bowls at their dinner tables.
- Buyers will receive six pieces of mixing bowls in this set.
- All these bowls are made using stainless steel material and are built to last a very long time.
- You can wash these bowls in the dishwasher as well as with hands in the sink.
- All the bowls meet the safety requirements and can be gripped well.
- The entire product only weighs 3.57 pounds and is very convenient to store.
10. OXO Mixing Bowls (White)
Lastly, we have the mixing bowl set by OXO. There are three bowls in this set. All of these bowls have handles so that you may carry and hold them comfortably in all situations. The white color of the bowls makes the overall product very minimalist. They will surely suit on shelves of the kitchen of any designs. The bottom never slips from the surface, no matter how vigorously you are mixing the ingredients. You will also like the fact that the product is created using BPA-free material
- There are three white bowls with handles in this set.
- The nesting of the bowls looks neat at all times.
- Like many other bowls, these bowls can also be washed in the dishwasher.
- The design is minimalist yet stylish and practical.
- The grip of the base is very firm, and the handles make the structure even better.
How to Choose Best Mixing Bowls for Baking
Below are many aspects that you should consider before you buy mixing bowls for your kitchen. All these aspects are discussed in pointers so that they are easy to read and understand. Let us now start talking about them one by one –
Number: Mixing bowls generally come in a set. Therefore, before buying mixing bowls, you should always consider how many bowls you are going to receive. You can decide this number as per your liking and requirement in the kitchen. According to experts, buying many bowls can prove to be useless in the long run. The same goes for a lesser number of bowls. Therefore, choose the quantity you need wisely.
Size: Along with the number, the size of the bowls also varies from set to set. Apart from that, the size of the bowls can be different in the same set as well. Therefore check the dimensions of each bowl before you buy them. To get a better understanding of the size, you may also measure the size of a bowl you already have. This bowl will act as a reference and will help you in making the right purchase at all costs.
Lids: Mixing bowls that come with lids/covers can be used for storage purposes in the kitchen. Apart from that, you can also use the bowls as tiffins to carry snacks when you are outdoors. However, this is a personal choice and varies from person to person. If you are not a fan of mixing bowls with lids, you can choose bowls that are lid-free. These bowls can be stacked one above the other very quickly.
Material: Mixing bowls are usually manufactured using glass or plastic. Glass bowls are nonporous and do not react with the food at any cost; this makes them safer. However, with glass bowls, there is always a fear of breakage, and you have to handle them carefully at all times. On the other hand, plastic bowls do not break if they fall from your hands. These bowls also last a long time in your kitchen. But we have to suggest that if you are choosing plastic bowls, make sure they are created using BPA free material.
Non-skid base: Bowls that have non-skid bottoms do not slip on the surface and prevent unwanted splatters in your kitchen. They keep the bowls firm on the surface and give you a better grip. Apart from this, you can also choose bowls that have a spout. They help you in transferring mixtures efficiently and help in preventing any mess at all times. You can find bowls that have non-skid bases quickly on our list.
Cost: Cost becomes a very crucial factor while buying mixing bowls. We suggest you purchase mixing bowls that seem the most affordable for you. Purchasing a product that you cannot afford will only put a dent in your budget. However, with this, we would also suggest you make sure the quality of the bowls is good. Do not ever go behind a product just because the price looks cheap to you.
Mixing Bowls Frequently Asked Questions
- What do you use mixing bowls for?
People usually use mixing bowls for mixing their salads and cake batters. However, you can also use them when you want to season the meat. With high walls, such bowls will allow you to mix everything easily without any difficulty. The spices coat the meat surface evenly, and you get to taste the same flavors in every bite you take.
- What is the best material for mixing bowls?
We know that steel mixing bowls last for a very long time. Steel is also known to be very tough and food safe. However, with such bowls, you might have a small chance of development of rust. If you cannot take good care of such mixing bowls, you must choose the ones that are made from glass. However, you will have to handle them carefully as they might break.
- While choosing mixing bowls, what should one focus on – the number of bowls in the set or quality?
It depends. If you are buying those bowls for use in a commercial place such as a bakery, you must own many of them. This way, your bakery’s employees will be able to save a lot of time. On the other hand, when you are buying them for use at your home, and you do not have many family members, you can choose a single bowl and get the work done. However, in both cases, the quality of the mixing bowl should also be your priority.
- What are some of the famous manufacturers of mixing bowls?
To answer this question, we would want you to look at all the names that we have mentioned on our list. All of those manufacturers are trusted by a lot of people, and you can willfully buy their mixing bowls without worrying too much about the quality of the product.
- Are plastic mixing bowls good?
This is one of the most asked questions until now. To be honest, plastic is not better than steel or glass. But if it is free from BPA, you can use bowls made from it while you cook. If you have your eyes on a particular set, you can also check if it is free from other toxins that are known to harm the human body and the environment once they are disposed of.
- Should you look for lids while buying mixing bowls?
The main purpose of the mixing bowls is to help you mix your ingredients in a better and more convenient way. Therefore, you should look for the features in it that help enhances this mixing. Such features include high walls, round design, etc. If you are looking for storage, you should buy storage containers separately. But again, you can still find good mixing bowls that come with lids.
- Is buying different sizes of mixing bowl a good thing?
It is surely a good thing because, in this way, you will be able to take the bowl out as per the number of ingredients that you might have. If one bowl is dirty and lying in the sink, you can also choose to use the one that is not.
There are many mixing bowls available in the market. You can purchase them just by a single visit. However, these bowls don’t need to last a long time. Apart from that, you can never be sure about their quality and whether or not they are safe to be put in the dishwasher. Buyers also tend to have a lot of doubts and confusion. Due to this reason, we were inspired to prepare a list of our top ten mixing bowls. All these mixing bowls in the list are highly qualitative. However, if you are still not sure and feel skeptical, you may read the reviews by buyers on many e-commercial sites. We also recommend you to read the features of the product. Our advantages section and buying guide will also help you a lot. Mixing bowls can be your best friend in the kitchen and will come handy at all times.
You will Love to read: Best Kitchen Torch 2020