Madeleine Pans are used to make madeleines. If you do not know already, madeleines are a type of spongy cakes that are small in size yet very tasty. When served with jam or coconut, their taste becomes even more delicious. You can have them with your evening tea or coffee and be assured that they will fill your stomach very well. Additionally, they are very easy to make. You can refer to any popular recipe on the internet and make madeleines right at your homes. The only extra thing that you will require other than the ingredients is – a Madeleine Pan. Here is a detailed review on Best Madeleine Pans 2020.
But where do you find such pans? Are there too many options in the market? If you have such questions, we have the answers to them. Just for you, we have mentioned ten such products below. All these products will help you make beautifully shaped madeleines. And did you know? You can also use these pans for making candies, chocolates, and even soaps. The uses of the product do not just stop there; you can hence be creative and use it for making many things. Let us start discussing these Madeleine Pans which are highly loved by consumers in the below-mentioned reports
Best Buy Madeleine Pans Reviews
1. Bellemain Madeleine Pan
On number one, we have the Madeleine Pan by Bellemain. It has 12 cups in it, which makes it very easy to use. You will be able to create the French shell-shaped and tasty madeleines with the help of this product. The best quality of the product is that it is excellent in conducting heat. Other than that, the conducted heat is spread evenly throughout the pan’s surface at all times. Additionally, you can also maintain this product very easily. For washing, you can either wash it in the kitchen sink or the dishwasher. Both methods will be safe on the product and won’t cause any damage to its finish or structure. Moreover, this pan has a nonstick coating. Due to this reason, it is very easy to release madeleines in all situations. The material used in creating the product is carbon steel. As you may already know, this material can withstand huge amounts of wear and tear. It will also help the pan to last many years in your kitchen.
- This pan is safe to be washed in the dishwasher.
- The madeleines created in this pan re French-shell shaped.
- This product is known for its high durability.
- The coating of the pan is nonstick.
- You can make 12 madeleines at a time in this Madeleine Pan.
2. Master Class Madeleine Pan
On number two of our list, we have the Master Class Madeleine Pan for our readers. Like the previously mentioned pan, you can make 12 madeleines at a time in this pan as well. It is nonstick, and hence the pan is always easy for you to clean. Additionally, the product is safe to be put in the freezer as well as the fridge. You can also wash it in the dishwasher as per your requirement. The edges of each cup are rolled. Due to this reason, the strength of the product is more enhanced than any other Madeleine Pan. Other than that, the product is also electroplated; this makes it resistant to rust even after multiple washes. You will like the fact that the pan also has carbon steel (1 mm thick), which will enable the prevention of the warping of the pan. Buyers of the product will also be able to enjoy a warranty of 5 years on the nonstick coating. Furthermore, this pan has the dimensions of – 15 X 8 X 0.3 inches and weighs only 1.6 pounds.
- This pan can be used regularly in your kitchen.
- You can put the pan in the freezer without worrying about any damage.
- The folded edges enhance its durability and strength.
- The product is light in weight and easy to handle.
- It is a highly rated Madeleine Pan on various e-commercial sites.
3. Kitchen Craft Madeleine Pan
The Kitchen Craft Madeleine Pan has secured the third position of our list. We could not stop ourselves from adding this product to our list because of its high functionality. In this pan, you will be able to make 24 madeleines at a time. This number is huge when compared to other Madeleine Pans. Due to this reason, this product can also be used at cafés and restaurants. It will never disappoint you at any cost. Quantum II Technology is used to create this pan, which is why many buyers on the internet love it. Other than that, the material used in making the product is free from all sorts of PTFE and BPA. Therefore, it is a food-grade product that will never react with your madeleines at any time. The company also offers a guarantee of 5 years on the nonstick coating of the pan. You will be able to enjoy bite-sized madeleines if you are an owner of this pan. All in all, this pan is one of the best Madeleine Pans ever created. We are sure you will love it as much as we do.
- The material used in making the product is free from harmful chemicals.
- This product has excellent longevity and durability.
- Buyers of the product will also like the anti-corrosion nature of this pan.
- It will help you bake excellent and spongy madeleines every single time.
- This product has also won awards for its excellent design and nature.
4. Zenker Madeleine Pan
Next up on our list, we have the Madeleine Pan by the company Zenker. This company has been in the market for many years and is known for creating the most authentic products. Due to this reason, we decided to add their Madeleine Pan to our list. Twelve madeleines can be made at a time when it comes to this pan. Additionally, the dark gray color and sleek design of the product are some things that have attracted many buyers towards the product. You can also read many positive reviews about it by buyers from all across the country. You can also own it no matter where you live in the United States. It will be delivered to you just in a matter of a week. Moreover, the round corners of the pan make its handling very easy. Due to the round corners, the product will also never harm or scratch your hands. The pan can withstand the maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has nonstick coating like many other Madeleine Pans. You would also love to know that this coating is free from PFOA; this makes it safer for regular usage in the kitchen.
- This Madeleine Pan is made in Germany and has a very smooth finish.
- The nonstick coating in the product is free from PFOA.
- This pan is also highly heat resistant so that you can handle it easily.
- Other than madeleines, you can use this pan to make candies, chocolates, and even sponge cakes.
- The heat conduction of the cups is incredible.
5. Paderno World Cuisine Madeleine Pan
On number five, we have a pitch-black Madeleine Pan on our list. The product has a high price, but when it comes to its longevity, it is simply the best. You should buy it with your eyes closed if you are a professional Madeleine-maker. That is how great this product it. We even feel that our list would have been incomplete if we had not added this Madeleine Pan. The 12-cup design is also convenient to be used for a small family. Moreover, you can use this product regularly in your kitchen. It is entirely oven proof and will enable you to prepare Frech madeleines at the convenience of your homes. The design is so advanced that the dough won’t stick on the sides of the product at all. You will surely enjoy the madeleines made in this product at tea time. The pan won’t buckle or bend even after long years of usage. Its authenticity is simply the best. Like many other Madeleine Pans, you can wash this pan in the dishwasher too. It weighs 14.4 pounds and has dimensions of – 15 X 8 X 0.75 inches.
- The pan has 12 cups, which are sufficient to make madeleines for a family.
- The durability and ease of use of the product are the features that make it one of the best in the market.
- The classic shell-shaped cups in the product will help you make perfect madeleines.
- The product does not have a nonstick coating but is still easy to clean and use.
- You can store it conveniently in your kitchen cabinets and drawers.
6. Fasmov Madeleine Pan
Next on our list, we have the Madeleine Pan by Fasmov for you. The product comes in a set of two. Each pan has 20 cavities, also known as cups. Therefore, you can make 40 madeleines at a time if you own this set. Other than the huge capacity of the pan, we also like its bright red color. This color makes it much more unique and attractive than other Madeleine Pans available in the market. Even after providing such excellent features, this set is still priced at a very affordable and cost-effective price. Additionally, the material used in manufacturing the product is approved by the FDA. This material is also flexible and nonstick at the same time. You can put the pan anywhere such as – freezer, fridge, microwave as well as the oven. You can even use the pan as a mold for candies and chocolates. Buy this product now to have perfect madeleines on your plate.
- You will receive two Madeleine Pans in this set.
- The material used in making the product is high-quality silicone.
- You should use a cookie sheet under the pan while using it inside the oven.
- The product only weighs 11.2 ounces.
- Its dimensions are – 12 X 8 X 1 inch.
7. Longzang Madeleine Pan
The Longzang Madeleine Pan has secured the seventh position on our list. Like the previous product, this pan also has a bright red color. It has 20 cups in it which you can use to make madeleines. Other than that, you can also use the pan to make mold cake, soap, and candies. Since the product is made using silicone, whatever you cook in, it comes out very efficiently. The price of the pan is so low that everyone can afford it very easily. The temperature range that the product can withstand lies between 65 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also clean the pan very easily whenever you want to. We would advise you to wash it after each use. This practice will ensure hygiene at all times in your kitchen. You can also notice the excellent ratings of this item on the internet.
- You can make 20 madeleines at a time in this pan.
- It is highly flexible hence can be used for soap making.
- The overall finish of the product is smooth and perfect.
- It is 12 inches long and 8 inches wide.
- The price of the product is affordable for everyone.
8. POPBLOSSOM Madeleine Pan
On number eight, we have the POPBLOSSOM Madeleine Pan for our readers. It has nine cavities in it, which can be used to make madeleines for a small family. The crimson red color of the product is also very attractive. Whatever you bake will pop out easily from the cavities without sticking to the surface at any time. Like other silicone pans, you can put this pan in the fridge, freezer, microwave as well as microwave. You can even wash it in the dishwasher. However, we also like the fact that this pan can be cleaned quickly in the kitchen sink. Furthermore, we would also like to inform you that this product is free from all types of harmful chemicals. These chemicals include – PVC, BPA, as well as phthalate. You can carry it very easily even right after the cooking is done; this is because it doesn’t get hot. You should surely own this Madeleine Pan at all costs.
- The product can be used regularly to make many types of food.
- You will always be able to make perfectly shell-shaped madeleines in this pan.
- The product’s material is also free from harmful chemicals.
- The construction of the product is very sleek and durable.
- The price of this product lies at the low end.
9. Fox Run Madeleine Pan
On number nine, we have included the Madeleine Pan by Fox Run. This product is made using steel, which is further plated with tin. Due to this reason, it is more durable and high in strength than any other Madeleine Pan. Additionally, there are 12 molds in this pan, which are also known as cavities. All of these molds are shell-shaped. This shape is the traditional shape of madeleines. The functionality of the product is so great that it will never disappoint you. Even when it is made from high-end materials, its price is also not that high. Everyone can own this product very easily. Additionally, the product is light in weight, which makes its portability highly convenient. Furthermore, its overall finish looks incredibly rich.
- This pan is made using steel and has a coating of tin.
- You will like the quick-release feature of the product very much.
- The cavities/molds are all beautifully shaped.
- It will brown the madeleines very well.
- It will look extremely stylish on your kitchen cabinets and countertops because of its silver finish.
10. Paderno World Cuisine Madeleine Pan
Lastly, we have the Paderno World Cuisine Madeleine Pan for you. As you may have already noticed, this is the second Paderno World Cuisine product on our list. We added two of their products because this company has always launched high-quality products. This Madeleine Pan by them is also made to last in your kitchen like their other products. You can make madeleines very quickly in this pan and enjoy them with coffee or tea. No matter when you use this pan, it will always help you make the perfect madeleines at all times. You will also like the professional quality finish and design of the product, just like many of its buyers. Furthermore, there are 20 cavities in this product, and its price neither lies at the low end nor the high end. We also like the tin plating on the surface of the product very much.
- This pan is safe to be used in the oven.
- Its finish and design are of professional standards.
- You can enjoy perfectly browned madeleines if you use this product.
- For cleaning, you can use any soft brush.
- This pan only weighs 8.2 ounces.
How To Choose The Best Madeleine Pans
1. Price: The price of a Madeleine Pan is not that high. However, in between products, you may notice a huge difference in the cost. This can be due to many factors, but we suggest you to always go for the pan that does not cost you more than you can afford. Additionally, we are not trying to say that you should compromise with the low quality of the product just because it is cheap. Always consider the quality of the product, too, while you are checking its price. This practice will help you end up with the perfect Madeleine Pan for your kitchen.
2. Buyer Reviews: This is one of the most important aspects that you should consider before thinking of buying a Madeleine Pan. We are mentioning this because often, even after checking the product very well, buyers may still end up with the wrong product. This can happen if the product sold is counterfeit or fake. Reading buyer’s reviews helps in avoiding such problems at all times. Moreover, it will also help in vanishing all your doubts about a product if you have any. According to experts, you should always read reviews no matter what product you are buying.
3. Cups or Cavities: The cups of a Madeleine Pan, also known as its cavities, are where you put the Madeleine dough. These cups are shaped like the traditional shell-shape of Madeleine. Therefore, it becomes easier for you to prepare them in batch. However, the number of these cups may vary from one pan to another. We would hence suggest you always check this number before making any purchase. Other than that, some pans also come in a set of two. Therefore, check that as well. Buy a pan with more number of cups if you have a large family; this will help you save a lot of time in the process.
4. Design: While mentioning the design of a Madeleine Pan, we are referring to its overall design. We would like to suggest you should buy pans with round edges. These types of pans are easy to handle. Experts say that pans with pointed corners often result in scraping of the skin of hands while washing. Other than that, you should also think of buying nonstick Madeleine Pans as they are very easy to clean and maintain. Taking madeleines out of such pans is also very easy and straightforward.
5. Size: You can check the size of a Madeleine Pan very easily while reading the product description. This size is often mentioned in terms of inches. To be more sure, you can compare this size with the trays that you might already have. Do not ignore this because you might end up with too small or too large pans if you do so. Large pans can create a problem when you want to insert them in your ovens or microwaves. They may even be very difficult to place in the dishwasher. On the other hand, small pans will enable you to only make small madeleines that would not be sufficient to make your evening hunger pangs go away.
6. Material: Generally, we have seen Madeleine pans made using steel. However, there are also many pans available in the market which are made from silicone. Silicone pans are cheaper than steel pans. They also release the Madeleines very well as they are highly flexible. On the other hand, steel pans are much more durable and long-lasting. They do not react with food any cost and are hence 100% safe to be used for making madeleines regularly.
Madeleine Pans Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know which size is accurate for making Madeleine?
Madeleine pans come in a variety of sizes. It can be challenging for a beginner baker to pick the right size. We recommend you to pick a medium size pan. It is ideal for baking appropriate size, Madeleine. You will also not face any problem while operating the oven or dishwasher.
- Which material is ideal for a Madeleine pan?
The best material for Madeleine pans is the carbon steel. It can tolerate high temperatures without denting or bending problem. However, the silicone pans might be cheaper; but, cannot tolerate high temperatures.
- I tried silicone Madeleine pans previously. Should I switch to the steel one?
The silicone pans might look bright and attractive; but, when it comes to versatility, they lag. We advise you to switch to metal pans. You will notice a change in the browning and taste of the Madeliene prepared from the same batter.
- The edges of Madeleine pans appear sharp. What should I do to avoid injury?
You can simply eliminate that one from the option. You can consider other options available in the market. Go for the ones with round edges or rolled edges for assuring 100 percent safety.
- I have a family of 4. A Madeleine pan with how many cavities should I prefer?
You can go with Madeleine pans of moderate sizes. Make sure that the cavities are large enough to satisfy the sweet tooth of your children. A 12 to 18 cup Madeleine pan would be sufficient.
- In what range should I expect a good quality Madeleine pan?
Investing in a good quality madeleine pan is different from spending money without paying attention to its feature. First, decide the material type. Non-stick carbon steel materials are costlier and more durable than the silicone pans. Next, pick the right size. The last step is to determine the price based on your budget.
- Does pan quality affects the browning of Madeleine?
Yes, most often the carbon steel pan can transfer the heat more evenly. The enhanced even baking of the Madeleine helps in delicious taste and yummy looking Madeleine.
- Can I use the Madeleine pans in the oven?
Yes, Madeleine pans are ideal to use in the oven. Instead, most of them are designed to be used in oven only. Make sure to determine the size of your oven and then pick the dimensions of the pans according to the oven. Also, check the heat settings before putting in the pan. Size is necessary because a larger pan cannot sit in a small size oven.
- How much time does it require for a Madeleine to perfectly bake?
You will need to preheat the Madeleine pan in the oven for 5-6 minutes. The required temperature is around 225 degrees Celcius. Once the preheating is done, you can bring down the temperature to 180 degrees and bake it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- What are the steps of cleaning a Madeleine pan?
You can use the dishwasher for pans that are labeled dishwasher safe. Otherwise use warm water and a brush to clean up the crumbs. Later you can rinse with soapy water.
We have seen many buyers struggling a lot while choosing a Madeleine Pan. We understand very well that the process of choosing one such product can be extremely tiresome. Often, you might also end up with the wrong product. However, that will not happen if you choose a product from our list. We say that because we have only added high-quality Madeleine Pans here. No pan from our list will disappoint you for its durability and longevity. But if you are still not sure, you can refer to our buying guide to make the right choice.
You will enjoy reading: 10 Best Steamer Baskets in 2020 – Ultimate Reviews & Guide