This time, I was looking for kitchen cutting boards, a type of big rectangular slab that acts as a platform for chopping veggies, meat, and fruits. I have realized that not many people can afford vegetable choppers. Some people do not even like using these choppers as the results that they give are not that great. People simply like cutting ingredients on cutting boards using their favorite knives. Even professional cooks and chefs use kitchen cutting boards instead of a vegetable chopper. Here we are going to share a detailed review on Best Kitchen Cutting Boards for the money.
I have come across and used many kitchen cutting boards, but I am only going to review the best ones here. Hence, I have only picked the top ten boards for the purpose. Even when the number of products that I am going to describe is small, its variety is still wide. No matter who you are, you will see a board here that you had imagined in your mind. I have tried to review each one of them with separately mentioned features as it turns out that consumers like reports that way.
Best Buy Kitchen Cutting Boards 2020:
1. Greener Chef Kitchen Cutting Board
Of course, buying a plastic cutting board is a very cheap choice, but nothing feels as royal and regal as a wooden cutting board. When that cutting board is made from bamboo, you cannot return to your regular kitchen cutting board. This extraordinary and extra-large cutting board by Greener Chef is a dream for many people. I could not resist even the thought of adding it here for avid readers. The dimensions of this product are 18 X 12.5 inches. This size is enough for chopping and cutting huge vegetables. And did you know? You can also cut slices of meat in this product. It is similar to a wooden carving board. The difference being – it is even better. You can also pick the smaller size of the product than the version mentioned above if you are not a fan of huge cutting boards. Greener Chef has options for everyone. If your board cracks or splinters, the company will simply provide you with a replacement; that is guaranteed. Hygiene is the topmost priority of this product. Therefore, if you accidentally leave food residues on it, it will never let them fester because of its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- This chopping board is extremely knife friendly and never makes them go dull.
- The natural look of the board will set a calm tone on your kitchen countertop.
- Almost every professional chef in America recommends this cutting board.
- It does not catch stains or liquids of food.
- You can also pick it as a gift for Christmas, Weddings, or even Housewarmings.
2. Nicole Home Collection Kitchen Cutting Board (Set of Three)
Do you know what’s better than having a single cutting board? It has three cutting boards that too of different colors. These plastic cutting boards by Nicole Home Collection act more as mats that cutting boards. But they will still let you do your cutting and chopping like any other cutting boards available in the market. And did you know? They are also flexible. Because of this reason, they are very easy to store. I like to store them in the kitchen drawers, but the shelves also work well for this purpose. Even though the product is made using plastic, you should know that it is free from BPA. Many buyers feel discouraged from buying plastic products. However, if it does not contain BPA, it is a green flag from me. If you get tired of washing these mats in the sink, you can also put them in your dishwasher. Just make sure to use a good and high-quality detergent for the purpose. All three mats are easy to sanitize and easy to dry out. Their nontoxic nature is so amazing that they never react with any food crumbs or pieces ever.
- The board features a sleek design with color-coded pieces that are three in number.
- The mats never retain any odor or stains of foods such as onions and tomatoes.
- You can use a different cutting board for meats, fruits, and veggies.
- Whenever you slice food on it, the boards will never develop ugly scratches.
- For better transfer of ingredients to containers, the mats can also be funneled.
3. ‘Cooler Kitchen’ Kitchen Cutting Board (Set of Four)
Earlier I had mentioned that buying a set of three cutting boards is always a good road to venture into. What is even better than that, though? Yes, it owns a set of four cutting boards. Therefore I am now going to bring to light the very popular cutting boards by Cooler Kitchen. All four of these boards are flexible and extra thick. While using a cutting board, the most irritating thing that could happen to a person is that the board may start slipping on the countertop. This can make anyone feel agitated. However, this little accident never happens with these boards as they all have waffle backs. Due to this feature, they grip the surface that they are put on very firmly. Additionally, on each board, you will see an icon of the food that is supposed to be cut on them. These icons include – the veggie, fish, red meats, and chicken icon. Hence, you will never forget the board that you used last on a particular category of food. The boards will prevent cross-contamination better than any other cutting boards ever made available in the market.
- All four mats are of the same size, but they have different icons of foods on them.
- They are also color-coded with bright colors for easy spotting from other tools of your kitchen drawers.
- They all have an odor-resistant coating and also a nonporous nature.
- Additionally, the mats are 1 mm thick.
- You can roll as well as curl these mats as much as you want to.
4. Farberware Kitchen Cutting Board
Another wooden cutting board that truly impressed me to a great extent was the Farberware Bamboo Kitchen Cutting Board. What I like the most about this board is that it comes in a set of three boards. Hence, like other sets of cutting boards, you can use these boards for a separate category of food. Cross-contamination has become a huge problem these days. It can also lead to the change in color and texture of foods whenever it happens. Therefore, these three cutting boards serve as a tremendous rescue. Wood is an eco-friendly material. When you discard it in the soil, it gets decomposed and denatured by the microorganisms that live in the soil. Eventually, it serves as manure for plants. Isn’t that amazing? This is the reason why I have always been the flag bearer of suggesting people use eco-friendly products. All three boards are of different sizes. The smallest can be used to cut fruits while the largest serves well when you want to mince or slice meat pieces. Since they are all made from bamboo, they are very light to move here and there on the countertop. Please never put them in the dishwasher and only wash them with hands.
- This product features three cutting boards of different sizes made from the same material.
- The two bigger cutting boards have handling loops on them, which can also be used to hang them on hooks.
- They are all made from bamboo, which is known to be one of the strongest woods.
- You can chop anything on either of the two sides of these boards.
- They are multipurpose as they can also be used as serving trays for snacks and starters.
5. Joseph Joseph Kitchen Cutting Board
Joseph Joseph has been the only company that creates the most exclusive designs of kitchen tools and products. I truly like this foldable kitchen cutting board by them. Let’s be honest; there are close to zero options when it comes to a well folding board. It becomes extremely problematic when you have to transfer the chopped contents when the board does not fold. It is also very difficult to lift boards as they remain close to the surface of countertops. However, this board, in the form of a blessing, has everything. It has a lifted handle so that you never have to use the tip of your fingers or nails to pick the board. It can also be folded by lifting the two sides of it. Due to this reason, it is very easy to throw vegetable and fruit peels in the dustbin. The color of the board can be chosen from eight bright colors. Such bright options are not seen these days as people only look for either white or black options. This is why I like the Joseph Joseph cutting board a lot. For its cleaning, you can wash it with your hands or in the dishwasher.
- The product features a lifted handle of 4-inches.
- You can choose from different colors as well as sizes.
- Its feet are the nonslip type so that it remains fixed on the countertop while you cut your veggies.
- To lift the sides of this board, you just have to squeeze the handle.
- It is an oversized product which is knife-friendly at the same time.
- It weighs only 1 pound.
6. Epicurean Kitchen Cutting Board
The look of this cutting board is so natural that anyone would be impressed. If you have just started cooking and need a cutting board that you can use every day, the Epicure cutting board is exclusively made for you. And did you know? Other than cutting, you can also chop and slice ingredients in it. However, you should always wash it thoroughly before and after you cut meat in it; otherwise, the board will develop a false smell. There are also chances that this will lead to cross-contamination in other foods. Who wants that? Since it is safe for dishwasher wash, you can just toss it inside it and wait for its deep cleaning. All three colors that the boards come in are very mild. Hence, you will love the product if you are a fan of minimalism and like to have mild and less bright products at your home. What impressed me the most is the thin profile of this cutting board. It is because of this reason that it can be stored without consuming extra space.
- The product features a temperature resistant build that can withstand up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit of heat.
- The board is safe as the NSF certifies it.
- It can be used in domestic as well as commercial kitchens.
- Lifetime warranty makes it even more fantastic.
- It weighs 1.65 pounds, and its dimensions are – 14.5 X 0.25 X 11.25 inches.
7. Seville Classics Kitchen Cutting Board
A cutting board that is easy to clean is something that catches the eyes of many buyers. After all, who wants to have a board that needs a wash after each use. When you are single and working, that task becomes a very irritating thing to do. And if you think of ignoring it, you will end up jeopardizing the hygiene in your cooking. Therefore, the Seville Classics cutting board had to be mentioned who hate doing the dishes. It is easy to maintain because it comes with six differently colored mats. The board is made using bamboo and is very thick. While chopping or cutting, you just have to place the mats on the board. After every use, cleaning and sanitizing the mats is just so easy. Since all these mats are BPA free, you do not have to worry about food safety. Moreover, when you are not busy, you can just directly use the wooden board. Its feet are made from silicone. Silicone feet suck the surface that they are placed on so that the board does not slip at any cost. For using the board as a tray, you just have to serve crackers and cocktails on it. However, be sure to carry it safely as it does not have any ridges that keep items from falling.
- The board features an average rating of 4.5/5 by many different buyers.
- It weighs 5.8 pounds and is crack and damage resistant.
- The mats that come with the board can be used separately.
- The dimensions of the board are – 16.5 X 1.2 X 13.4 inches.
- The mats can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
8. Personalization Lab Kitchen Cutting Board
Won’t you love having a board that is personalized exclusively for you? A piece in your kitchen that truly is yours would be lovely. That is how I would sum up the details on this bamboo cutting board by Personalization Lab. We often run out of ideas thinking about a gift that we want to give to newlyweds. This board solves that problem too. You can get your names engraved on in a very well designed manner. If you are thinking of buying it as a wedding gift, you can get the names of the couple on it. They will remember this piece for their entire lives. You can also select the type of designs you want on the cutting board. I’ll say this is a very innovative idea. But the wonders of this cutting board don’t just stop there. It has a knife-friendly surface; therefore, you will never have to sharpen your chopping knives. Additionally, this surface is also very smooth so that your fingers never feel uncomfortable.
- The product features a two-toned design with a smooth surface.
- You can customize it as per your requirements and liking.
- The engraving is free of cost and does not require you to pay extra money.
- It is 0.8 inches thick and 13.5 inches long.
- Each board is unique, and its designs are created by your choice.
9. Winco Kitchen Cutting Board
If you thought that we will not add a cutting board that is extremely simple yet effective, then you are wrong. To make this list complete, I had to add an option for the aspiring minimalists who are also our readers. I cannot describe the design of this product in complex terms. It is just a rectangular slab that is available in white color. Since it is made from polyethylene material, it can withstand a lot of heat. The temperature of this heat lies in the range of 176 to 196 degrees Fahrenheit. But that does not mean that the product does not have any other qualities. It is a nonporous board, which means that it will never absorb the staining juices of fruits and vegetables. NSF has certified the product, and for cleaning, you can simply toss it in the dishwasher. Winco was established in 1992, and it has since been dedicated to making products that suffice the needs of all types of people.
- The product features a simple slab, like the rectangular design.
- It comes in only one color that is – white.
- It has a thin profile that measures only 0.5 inches.
- For storage, you can put it in drawers and shelves.
- The average rating of the product is exceptionally high.
- The size of the product is – 18 x 24 inches.
10. Teakhaus Kitchen Cutting Board
Before describing anything about this cutting board, let me first tell you that it is made using Teak wood. One of the best natural properties of teak wood is that it resists insects as well as pests. It also resists water, heat, and sunlight. These are the few reasons this board will last for decades in your homes. Buying a wooden cutting board is always a good idea. These products never cause any harm to the environment and nature when they are rejected from use. This rectangular board is suitable for all culinary applications. Teak is also known to have natural oils that resist its decomposition and false smell in all situations. However, you should not think that this board will be heavy, like any other wooden board. It only weighs 14 ounces. Therefore, you can take it in and out of its storage area very easily. On two sides of the board, there are two carved handgrips. With the help of these handgrips, you can secure the board in place whenever you think of using it.
- The product features a beautiful Teakwood design with a natural surface.
- Teak will never get harmed even when you accidentally leave the board in light.
- The product will last decades at your home.
- This board is very spacious and allows you to cut even the biggest ingredients very easily.
- Knives move smoothly on it without developing dullness in their sharpened edges.
Kitchen Cutting Boards Buying Guide – Things to Consider
I know it is very difficult to choose a cutting board from ten options, which are all exceptionally amazing. This task can be even difficult for you if you have never bought a kitchen cutting board before. Hence, I had to incorporate a complete buying guide for such readers of this article. I have tried to include every aspect and factor that helps decide the quality and long-lasting nature of a cutting board. If you are ready, we should start discussing them –
1. Material Used: Please determine the material used in making a kitchen cutting board before even considering paying and purchasing it. Materials that are generally used in making these boards are: wood or plastics of different kinds. If you can, I would suggest you buy wooden cutting boards. However, you should realize that the material doesn’t need to be wood just because it looks like it. Manufacturers simply use polyethylene and make it look like natural wood. Hence, read the details of the material used in making the board with full concentration.
2. The number of Cutting Boards: Some boards come in a set of either three or four while the other only has one unit. The advantage of buying a set of boards is that they help eradicate all chances of cross-contamination. Also, if one of the boards is in the sink, you can just pick another one. Such options work well for people who remain extremely busy throughout the day. If you are okay with washing the same board, again and again, you can also buy the board that comes singly. Just make sure you wash these boards very well; otherwise, they will develop a bad smell over time. The chances are that they can also develop microorganisms if not washed thoroughly.
3. Size of the Board: The size of the kitchen cutting board is a crucial factor to get the details on. This is especially necessary if you cook and chop meat frequently at your home. Large pieces of meat require a spacious board. Additionally, red meats with bones have to be cut in large boards; otherwise, they will simply fall on the countertop surface; this is indeed not a hygienic practice. Certain vegetables like cabbage and cauliflower are also best chopped on boards with a large surface area. To check the size, just go check the dimensions of the board.
4. Foldability: You know what? Foldable and flexible have many advantages over boards that don’t fold at all. It is that they help in transferring the chopped contents very easily in other containers. If the cutting board has peels of vegetables, you can easily discard them in dustbins by folding the board and shaking it over the dustbin’s head. Moreover, folding cutting boards are also easy to store as they can be placed in small spaces of drawers and cabinets. However, if you have ample space in your kitchen, you can also go with the boards that don’t fold.
5. Price: Wooden boards are slightly high-priced than boards made using other materials. But they sure last longer, are much more durable and food safe. If these boards do not fit in your expenses, then you should simply go with other options. There are many other materials than wood that are food safe; you can buy them too. Never buy something that is extremely costly for you and still only has basic features and uses. You can also compare the price of the board from various places if you wish to.
How To Clean and Care kitchen Cutting Boards
One can customarily get 6 kinds of vegetable cutting boards in the market. Plastic, wood, bamboo, rubber, flexible, and composites are a few types of cutting boards. Out of all these, the most used ones are the wooden chopping boards. You can find it in every household and restaurant. Let us move to the cleaning and care tips:
1. Wooden cutting board:
- Dilute the vinegar in water in the ratio of 1:4 and soak the wooden board in the suspension for a few minutes. Do not soak it for a more extended period. After this, rinse the cutting board and let it air dry.
- Experts do not recommend the use of vinegar for washing poultry and meat cutting board. Mix the bleach and water in equal proportion. Allow the board to soak in it for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water and air dry.
- Scrub the cutting board gently with salt and lemon. Sprinkle the salt on top of the cutting board. Cut the lemon into half and gently scrub it on the board. Do this every alternating month to keep the board fresh.
2. Plastic cutting board:
- Create a mixture of equal amounts of salt and baking soda. Pour some water to give it a thick paste-like consistency. Allow this paste to stay on board for some time & then rinse.
- You can also clean it with a mixture of bleach and water. It helps to vanish away all the stubborn stains.
3. Bamboo board:
- Washing them regularly with mild soap after every use will keep it fresh.
- You can also combine a mixture of white vinegar plus dish soap to clean it efficiently.
- Prepare a solution of bleach and water and scrub it gently on the surface of the cutting board.
4. Rubber cutting board:
- Rubber cutting boards are non-porous. Therefore, they do not retain much stains and microbes in comparison with other boards.
- Simply washing it with dish soap and warm water will do the work. Scrub it with gentle hands. Never try to wash the rubber cutting board in the dishwasher.
5. Flexible cutting board:
- The quality and texture of flexible cutting boards are superb. Resin is the material used on this board. Therefore, it makes the board resistant to microbial overgrowth.
- These are the most convenient cutting boards. You can readily wash them in the dishwasher. Make sure to rinse the board with water before placing it in the dishwasher.
6. Composites board:
- Composite boards are the best choice when it comes to chopping meat and poultry food. The thick resin material assigns them a bacterial resistant feature.
- These boards are quite easy to maintain and care. You need to rinse it with plain water after every use. After this step, run a cycle in the dishwasher.
7. Tips on maintenance of the cutting boards:
- Make sure to dry the cutting board after every rinse. You can either air dry it or pat dry with a cloth.
- Regular oiling of the cutting board keeps its surface smooth and free from cracks.
- Make sure to rinse the cutting boards after every use.
- Remove the excess oil present on the surface to avoid the extra grease.
Kitchen boards have become a necessity these days. No one wants to chop their veggies, fruits, and meats without them. You will never hurt your thumbs if you buy one of these kitchen cutting boards. As I have discussed almost everything about cutting boards, I am hoping that you will realize how amazing they can be. As soon as you choose or pick a board, make sure you are greatly confident about it because skepticism is never good. You can also read the reviews of the product to get vivid details about it. Get a kitchen cutting board now, and be assured that it will hugely benefit you.
You will love to Read: 10 Best Personal Blenders In 2020 – Ultimate Reviews & Guide