Do you sink in with the advanced technology of cooking? As a home chef, I love cooking and appreciate advanced cooking devices in my kitchen for easy and fast cooking. Coming from an Asian family and we love cooking our soups, noodles, stir-fries, and curries in the wok, but as I traveled for work to multiple countries, I have found interest in learning to cook different cuisines around the world. Recently, while web searching, I came across the electric wok. At first, I was skeptical whether this advanced technology electric wok is worth a buy it or not? As traditionally, we have used works either on gas or electric cook tops. But, like I said I love advanced technology, which encouraged me to start looking up for the electric wok. While I was trying to gather knowledge about the electric wok, I went through customer reviews, and they were pretty satisfied with the electric wok. Here is the in-depth review of Best Electric Wok 2020.
I have used electric stoves before and I found them safer to use than the gas stoves. Many of us prefer to have kitchen accessories, which can be multipurpose and offer us hassle-free cooking. I believe the safety of your life should be the first priority no matter what you use and always remember while cooking you must stay alert and active without the intervention of using cell phones or any other distracting devices. When I came across this new electric wok, I first wanted to know what is it and why should we invest our time and money on it?
An electric wok is a portable round-bottomed cooking device that runs on electricity. The electric wok comes up to 14 inches of cooking space and may vary in size with multiple brands. The electric wok is connected with an electric heating device that will heat the pan for cooking multiple cuisines. The electric wok comes with a manual that goes handy, offering you some guidelines on how you use it. From my research, I did found 10 best electric woks that are impressive in use and budget-friendly are mentioned with details in the following article.
10 Best Electric Wok Consumer Reports
1. Aroma Housewares- AEW305 Electric Wok
The stylish looking Aroma electric wok AEW-305 comes with a beautiful black color body that offers you the best option for healthy and delicious food. This electric wok enables you to quickly start heating in just 3 minutes from low heat to high heat. You can cook your restaurant-style food like soups, curries, chicken fried rice, and some delicious stir fry vegetables with the help of the electric wok. The non-stick surface allows you to cook healthy food with minimum oil so that you can cook your meat, poultry, and vegetables. It is customized with a dome-shaped lid, which also has a non-stick coating which helps you to cook and cover for fast cooking and seals the flavors of the food rather than using a pan with no lids. With the help of the electric wok, you can steam, boil, and braise your food. The convex curve is wide enough to allow perfect heat distribution, which allows you to cook any dish you have ever wished for.AEW-305 and AEW-306 are models with 5-quart capacity are available for you to pick from.
- Aroma electric wok comes with a full temperature control allowing you to control the heat from high heat to low heat as per your cooking dish.
- It comes with a large 7-quart capacity in which you can easily cook for 4-7 people at one time.
- This is a non-stick wok that is super easy to clean without you wasting a lot of time.
- This wok comes with a non-stick interior surface that will heat oil in a matter of a few minutes.
2. Presto 5900 Stainless Steel Electric Wok
The stainless steel electric wok is made up of stainless steel. We all know that stainless steel is very durable and lasts forever. From the body to the handle of this stainless steel electric wok is made up of stainless steel which makes it everlasting. It comes with a glass top or cover, which is made up of high-quality tempered glass along with a stainless steel rim and stainless steel handle. The tempered glass top prevents food from splattering and helps you see the progress of the food while cooking. This wok heats up faster because of the aluminum-clad base since aluminum is a good conductor of heat and helps you to cook faster and it uses very little oil and cooks delicious food like stir fry vegetables, soups, and boiled food faster. The best feature of this electric powered wok is that it is made from advanced technology which can adjust the temperature automatically for perfect cooking.
- The base of the Presto 5900 electric wok comes with a base that is made up of aluminum which enables it for an even heat distribution.
- This is powered up to 1500 watt heating element allowing it to have a high temperature to high sear, which is a must need while making stir-fry vegetables.
- They are excellent for saving your time as it allows you to have hassle-free easy cleaning or you can simply put it in the dishwasher for cleaning.
- They also come with a heat control system called the Control Master, allowing you to control the heat from high to low mode.
3. Breville BEW600XL Electric Wok
The Breville BEW600XL is a 6-quart capacity electric wok. This is a powerful device that can give you crispy stir-fries in a matter of minutes. The powerful device is powered up to 1500 watt and this helps you to cook all your favorite cuisine at the comfort of your home. This has a 6-quart capacity that can feed your entire family and you can make quick and delicious food for all your house guests. The sleek wok comes with 15 precision heat settings and it has inbuilt aluminum walls which help in even cooking. As we know, aluminum is a great conductor of heat and can emit heat evenly. This also comes with a butterfly heating element that enables even heat distribution in walls of the wok, allowing you to cook all kind of authentic Asian cooking. You will get it with a glass lid that is easy to clean and is made to be dishwasher safe.
- You can use this powerful device that reaches up to 425°F for convenient and fast cooking.
- This comes with thick aluminum walls which are great to maintain high heat for even cooking.
- The metal wok comes with a brushed stainless steel color to accentuate your kitchen.
- This will helps you stir-fries, boil, braise, shallow fry, and steam with very little oil.
4. VonShef Electric Wok
This electric wok comes with a 7.4-quart capacity that makes sufficient food for all your family members in one go. With this electric wok, you can make yummy stir-fries, sear, and sizzle your food everything with just one wok. It does a great job helping you cook all the food you can imagine and especially Asian food. This also allows you to adjust the temperature while cooking. As we know different food should be cooked with different temperatures, the temperature adjustment system makes it easy for you to choose the heat mode from the given temperature setting that will cook multi-cuisines without burning your dishes. It comes with a rotary dial that offers you set the temperature from warm, medium to high heat. Both the tempered glass and the aluminum wok comes with heat resistant handles which give you to hold and serve from the wok without getting burn marks.
- With the VonShef Electric Wok, you can set the temperature from warm at 176°F, low at 374°F, and high at 446°F.
- This wok comes with a high-quality tempered glass that enables you to keep a watch on the progress of the food while cooking.
- It can be easily detachable from the power cord and it allows you to take the fancy-looking wok to the dinner table.VonShef Electric Wok enables you to use minimum oil because of its non-stick interior body, which prevents food from sticking or burning.
- This metal wok is easier to clean without leaving any food residue behind.
5. Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok
Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok is a 6-quart capacity electric wok with which you can cook for 3-5 people at a time. This electric wok is made up of high-quality non-stick titanium. This comes with a high-grade polymer base. The diameter of the wok is 14” and is 4” deep which is great for increasing your cooking capacity. This comes with a heavy tempered glass lid with an inbuilt steam vent and a stainless steel rim. The wok is powered up to 1500-watt along with a unique high wall butterfly element heating technology with 14 searing options plus a high sear mode. This comes with a combination of titanium-reinforced mid-coats and non-stick interior which makes the metal wok durable. It also comes with a temperature indicator light which helps you to know the temperature modes while cooking. The manufactures have given a plastic spatula for stirring food that comes along with this package.
- Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok comes with a quick-release base which helps it to detach from the power cord.
- It can be fully immersible and can be used in the dishwasher.
- This comes with a steam vent in the glass lid which is essential for moisture control while cooking your food.
- The wok surface is made up of 4-ply Quantanium coating.
- It is made for versatile cooking. You can make eggs, pasta, soup, and all kinds of Asian delicacies.
6. The Rockby Starfrit Electric Multi-use Electric Pot
The Rock electric pot is a 4.8 quart or 4.5L capacity a little small as compared to others but is great for nuclear families. This electric pot is great for cooking all the fancy food like stir-fries, stews, and soups. It is also a potential food warmer. You can use the wok to keep the food warm for immediate serving while your guest arrives. This is powered with a temperature controller so that you control the temperature from low, medium to high heat during cooking. It comes with a high-quality tempered glass that is transparent and you will be to see the progress of the food while cooking. The wok is made up of cast aluminum body which ensures even heat distribution for you to get even cooking. This electric pot is powered up to 1500 watt and has a heavy-duty, extra-thick base.
- The Rock Electric Multi-use electric pot is easy to clean because of its non-stick surface.
- This pot has cool-touch handles that help you to hold on to the handle even if the wok is hot.
- This can be fully immersible in water or you can use a dishwasher for cleaning.
- It will not keep you worried about the big energy bill as the pot uses less energy and cooks the food faster.
- The patented Rock. The Tec surface of the electric pot comes with the non-stick cooking surface which is better than the traditional non-stick cookware.
7. Sonya Shabu Shabu Electric Pot, SYHS-4L
The Sonya Shabu Shabu Electric pot comes with 4L capacity and is the best option for serving your family. This electric pot comes with 2 strainer ladles. It is a versatile metal pot and can be used to cook and grill with the same device. This comes with a grilling option and the attachment is powered up to 600W. With this grill attachment, you can grill and make barbecues easily at your home comfort. The hot pot is made up of high-quality stainless steel and the grill is made up of non-stick which enables the food not to stick to the surface. The grill of this wok comes with elevated grids that can give you grill marks on your food which is a replica of cooking food on the grill pans. Since the body of the electric pot is made up of stainless steel, it will be long-lasting and rust-free. This also gives you an effortless cleaning that is not time-consuming.
- The Sonya Shabu Shabu Electric pot comes with an additional option of grilling apart from just cooking in the wok.
- This electric pot is versatile as you can make all the authentic Asian food and barbeque and grill within the same pot.
- This comes with advanced thread shaped heating plates for fast cooking of food.
- It is made with multiple switch modes that allow you to choose either to cook or grill or you can do both at the same time.
- The base of this electric pot comes with an electromagnetic induction technology which makes the pot connect strongly to the base.
- This pot is designed as anti-slip so you won’t lose the grip while holding the pot.
8. Liven, Electric Skillet, Electric Pan, DHG-263A
The Liven, electric skillet, the electric pan is 4.2 quart or 4L capacity which is enough as a cooking device for 2-4 people but is slightly bigger for one-person use. This electric pan is powered up to 1500W. This comes with a diameter of 30 cm and a depth up to 8.5 cm deep. This pot is made up of cast-aluminum alloy along with a non-stick coating which enables you to get thoroughly cooked food. This comes with tempered glass to prevent your food from splattering and helps you see your food and its progress while cooking. This electric skillet is powered with a temperature controller which helps you to select the temperature at your choice from low, medium to high heat depending upon the food you are cooking. It is easy to cook multi-cuisines for your family.
- The Liven, electric skillet, the electric pan gives you the opportunity to bake, boil, steam within one electric pot.
- This electric pan comes with anti-hot baking handles which help to hold on to the pot while it’s hot.
- It is made up of a cast-aluminum body that is thick and wear-resistant.
- This pan can be detachable from the power cord which makes it easier to clean and store when not in use.
- It comes with a firepower button to select the heat level.
- This electric pan is wash-proof once you remove the power cord.
9. Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok
The Presto stainless steel electric wok comes with a high heat temperature for making perfect stir-fries. This stainless steel electric wok is powered up to 1550W. It is great for making soups, curries, braising and boiling food. With this wok, there is no limitation to your cooking wishes you can make anything and everything with just one electric wok. It uses very little oil which is good for a healthy diet. With this wok you can make food quick and fast by retaining the color, flavor, and nutrients. It comes with a special technique called control master, which automatically controls the temperature of the wok while you are cooking. The base of this steel wok is made up of aluminum-clad which enables you to get even heating for the food to cook thoroughly and it comes with a tempered glass with stainless steel rim which can be used to cover your food while cooking. Its handles are also made up of stainless steel.
- The Presto stainless steel electric wok can be detachable from the power cord, enabling you to clean and store the product.
- This metal wok gives you the opportunity to cook noodles, meat, dumplings, and all sorts of Asian delicacy.
- It is fully immersible and is dishwasher friendly.
- The packing of this stainless steel electric wok comes with a wooden spatula with a long handle.
- This electric wok comes with a minimum of 1-year limited warranty.
10. Chef’s Counter Electric Wok
The Chef’s counter electric wok is small electric work and is great for 2-4 people use. It is powered up to 1400watt. This comes with a 2 piece set. It also comes with ceramic coated aluminum which enables you to cook thoroughly and evenly. With the use of minimal oil the electric pot can make fancy food like soups, curries, and all kinds of authentic Asian food. Having this Chef’s counter electric wok will make your life easier as you can cook everything with just one device. This pot is made from a non-stick ceramic coating that prevents your food from sticking and burning and saves your time by making an easy way to cooking. This electric wok comes with an adjustable temperature mode that helps you adjust the heat from low heat, medium heat, and high heat while cooking as per the food requirement. The wok weighs about 5.95 pounds and has been well rated as per Amazon by its customers.
- Chef’s counter electric wok comes with a non-stick coating which makes it easy to cook without burning the food.
- This electric wok is easy to clean.
- This can be easily wiped with a paper towel to keep it clean.
- It comes with a glass lid that prevents splattering of food and allows you to watch the progress of food while cooking.
Best Electric Wok – Buying Guide:
It’s 2020 and we are living in an advanced world. Technology has advanced not just in our life but also in our cooking methods. We have introduced you top 10 electric woks which can make your life easier and comfortable. So, by looking at different types of electric wok you may have got confused but we will always be there to help you. You are recommended to go through our buying guide before putting your money down in the market.
An electric wok is similar in shape and looks as of the traditional woks but its purpose and use are highly practical. The main difference is the traditional woks depend upon gas and electric woks are easy and safe and are powered by electricity. You can make almost everything with an electric wok with the advanced temperature control settings. We know each food demands a specific temperature to cook and the electric wok is capable of going from low heat to medium and high heat.
Cost: We spend a lot of money dining outside while compromising our health and hygiene but with the help of electric wok, it allows you to cook at your own house comfort. From soups to curries, eggs to meat the electric wok is efficient enough to bring you the best food by making a cost-effective device.
Less Fat Cooking: Electric woks are non-stick woks; hence, it allows us to cook with minimum oil, which helps us to maintain a healthy diet.
Maintenance: They can be maintained with less effort. By proper cleaning and caring, you will buy yourself a wok for a lifetime use
Cleaning: Most electric woks are easily detachable from the power cords making them completely immersive and dishwasher friendly. However, before washing do check the instruction of cleaning on the package.
Versatile: The electric wok is not just convenient to use but versatile device too. With just one electric wok you can make many cuisines which are you and your family’s favorite.
An electric wok is an advanced technology for cooking almost any food and mainly authentic Asian food. It is recommended to use the electric pot than using Gas stoves because of your safety concerns. With the help of these electric woks, you can cook and learn your favorite Asian cooking from anywhere you live in the world. Most electric woks come with an affordable price which is a bit light on your pocket. It comes with a large capacity so you can cook for many people with just one wok.
You will enjoy reading:10 Best Refrigerator Thermometers