You may already know that in cooking there is a special kind of knife used by cooks. This knife is known as a chef knife. It was first created so that people could slice beef easily with it. However, it was only after a few decades that chefs started using it in their kitchens, thereby being the source for the tool’s name. Many western cooks have adapted the knife in their lives. They use it for slicing, chopping, and even mincing food. If you ask any chef about the kind of knife they refer to as their lifesaver – they will surely name the chef’s knife. This is because a chef’s knife can be used to do anything from dicing to slicing. You can also use them to shred your food ingredients in minute pieces. All of these tasks generally require different types of knives. But in situations of emergency, a chef’s knife can do everything. No matter how big or small the chopping task it, this kind of knife will help you finish it in a very short period. A chef’s knife is a big solution.
But how can you buy the right chef knife if you are looking for one? You would love to know that this article will help you immensely. Today we are going to publish a review on Best Chef Knives 2020. A good chef knife is a modern chef’s dream. It can make chopping food easier and faster. It helps in cutting many things, including animal bones. Apart from that, this knife is also very precise and makes better and clean cuts if appropriately used. With this knife, you will be able to tackle the biggest chopping problems in your kitchen. We have also realized that manufacturing chef knives are not a straightforward task. It requires great skills of expert creators. However, many companies are coming up with these knives from time to time. Additionally, chef knives may seem a little pricey, but they will be extremely useful in helping you hone your overall cooking skills.
Here is the List of 10 Best Chef Knives in 2020
1. Mercer Culinary Chef Knife
On number one of our list, we have the chef knife be Mercer Culinary. The size of the knife is eight inches, and the handle’s color can be chosen from eight color options. Among these colors are – blue, brown, black, green, and much more. You would also like to know that the design of the handle of this knife is extremely ergonomic. It is made using Santoprene and polypropylene. Both of these materials allow the knife to have comfort as well as longevity. You can wash the knife with hands; this will help in preserving the quality of the blade. Additionally, the blade of the product has been created using Japanese steel. It makes the product easy to maintain. Apart from that, the knife is also very easy to sharpen and is compatible with many knife sharpeners. The design of the product is one piece with high-carbon. The overall structure of the knife has great strength and can be used regularly. Moreover, the product only weighs 8 ounces and has the dimensions of – 17.5 X 1 X 4 inches.
- The knife comes with a razor-sharp edge, which can be maintained easily.
- There is a finger guard on the handle of the product.
- The handle is created using extremely sturdy material.
- The design of the knife is one piece so that it does not break easily.
- The finger points are textured so that the user of the knife gets a better grip.
2. Victorinox Chef Knife
The Victorinox chef knife has secured the second position on our list. It is a very effective knife that has an extremely fantastic design. It can be used by both professional as well as home chefs. You will notice that the edge of the blade is tapered; this is so that you are able to make better and précised cuts with the product. The blade is created using high quality stainless steel that does not develop rust even after long time of usage and washes. Apart from that, the handle of this knife is made from TPE elastomer and gives you a nonslip grip at all times. The weight of the product is well distributed so that you can handle it well even if you are a beginner when it comes to chef knives. The best feature of the product is that it can be easily washed in the dishwasher. All you have to do is put in the top rack and never worry about any damages.
- The product has the dimensions of – 17 X 4 X 1.2 inches and a weight of almost 9 ounces.
- The blade of the knife is laser tested and you can slice, dice, chop as well as mince food with the product.
- The knife never slips from hands even when it is wet.
- It can also be used to carve many kinds of meat.
- You will also like the wide and ultrasharp blade.
3. Zelite Infinity Chef Knife
Next up we have the chef knife by Zelite Infinity. You can buy this knife if you are a professional chef. You will also immediately notice the ease with which the knife cuts is more when compared to other knives. The handle of the product is designed in such a way that it suits well with large as well as small hands. We would also like to inform you that the handle of the knife is military grade and is built to last a very long time. You can use the knife to chop and dice many kinds of food. The product also does not needs to be sharpened when it reaches you. It is already sharpened that too with hands. Apart from all of this, you will also like the storage case of the product. It gives you the high class feel as soon as you open it. But you should also know that the price of the product lies on the high end. It will also not be suitable for you if you are a beginner in cooking.
- The blade is of very high quality and does not need frequent sharpening.
- Buyers of the product will receive a lifetime warranty with it.
- The storage box of the knife is extremely well designed.
- The handle fits well with hands of different sizes.
- It will last for many generations and can even be passed on in the family.
4. Imarku Chef Knife
We have assigned the Imarku chef knife a fourth position on our list. The color of the handle of the knife can be chosen from 10 different colors as per your convenience. All these colors are very attractive and will make the knife suits with different kitchen designs perfectly. Additionally, the product is multifunctional. It can be used to cut many kinds of food including meat as well as bones. The blade is created using stainless steel. You will like the fact the stainless steel is mixed with a little amount of carbon; this makes it harder than the blades of other chef knives in the market. The handle does not strain your hand at any time. It also does not let your fingers go numb. Along with carbon the blade of the product also has some amount of chrome to increase its longevity. The company used German Engineering to create the product which is why the design is extremely nice.
- The knife is extremely user friendly and its design is also ergonomic.
- The handle is very well built and feels comfortable in the hands.
- The strength and durability of the product is also commendable.
- The product is safe to put in dishwasher however you should handwash it for better results.
- The knife has the dimensions of – 13 X 3 X 1 inches.
5. Mercer Culinary Chef Knife
This is the second Mercer Culinary product that we have decided ti put on our list. This is because the company is claimed to make only high quality chef knives. They have also been in the market for many years and have genuine buyers all across the country. This chef knife by them is a 6-inch forged knife than can be used by both home cooks as well as professionals. The handle of the product is so high in quality that it also has certification form NSF. You will also like the forged steel blade of the product from Germany. It is resistant to rust as well as corrosion. Apart from that, the design of the knife is full tang and it is known to not break easily. You are advised to wash this knife with your hands to preserve the quality of the blade. Moreover, the knife only weighs 8.5 ounces and has the dimensions of – 2 X 1 X 11 inches.
- The handle is manufactured using santoprene which helps the user to hold the knife accurately.
- The steel blade has high carbon that increases its strength and longevity.
- Buyers of the product also receive a lifetime limited warranty from the date of their purchase.
- The edge of the blade is taper-ground and gives extra stability to the product.
- It is highly efficient when it comes to chopping and slicing food.
6. Shun Chef Knife
On number six of our list we have the chef knife by the exclusive company Shun. You can choose the knife from three sizes. These sizes include the length of – 6 inch, 8 inch as well as 10 inch. However, the price of all the three variants is different from one another. The handle of the product is made using ebony hardwood. This wood is highly durable and is infused with resin. Due to the resin infusion the handle is also resistant to water. The knife is extremely tough and can be used regularly. You will also like the maneuverability it provides every time you make cuts with it. On the other hand, the blade of the knife is made from stainless steel. It also has tungsten which enhances its strength a lot. If you want to make very clean cuts with this knife we recommend you to push it a little as you move forward in the cutting process.
- Shun is devoted to manufacture knives in a traditional way to maintain the excellent nature of the blades.
- The handle of the product is easy to handle and resists water to a very high degree.
- The blade does not corrode as it has chromium in its material.
- The performance and quality of the chef knife is fantastic.
- You can also use this product as a gift to newlyweds, cooks as well as aspiring chefs.
7. Dalstrong Chef Knife
Our list would not have felt complete if we had not included this amazing chef knife by Dalstrong. This is an 8 inch knife that has full tang. It has a one piece design so that you can be assured that it won’t break easily at any cost. Its price neither lies at the high end nor the low end. You can think of buying it if you are a home cook or a professional cook. Apart from that, the blade of the product is razor sharp and is created using high quality German steel. The edge of the blade is also hand polished at the angle of 16 degrees on each side. Additionally, this blade is also resistant to stain as well as corrosion. The design of the product has also won awards and it always gives a user the quality-feel every time they use it. The handle of this chef knife is triple riveted and can be gripped comfortably at all times.
- The user of the knife will be able to the perfect knuckle clearance because the blade has a very nice height.
- You will receive money back guarantee with this product.
- The knife is polished with hands and has a satin like finish.
- The knife also imparts less slicing resistance as compared to other regular chef knives in the market.
- The handle is laminated so that it looks sleek.
8. Global Chef Knife
The Global chef knife has secured the eighth position on our list. It is an extremely efficient knife and is well loved by buyers all across the country. The length of the product is 8 inch which is perfect for cutting all kinds of food material. The blade of the knife is made using stainless steel. This stainless steel is also infused with vanadium/molybdenum; this enhances the overall strength and lifespan of the blade. The edge of the blade is also extremely sharp and is also well claimed to hold that sharpness for a very long time. You will also not need to sharpen this knife frequently in your kitchen. Buyers of this knife also receive a lifetime warranty with the product. Apart from that, the handle of this chef knife is well molded so that it always feels comfortable to your hands. It is also dimpled so that the user always gets a better grip of the knife while cutting or chopping food.
- The best feature of the product is that you can also buy the custom engraved version as per your liking.
- The handle is very sturdy and gives enough friction for a better and comfortable grip.
- You will receive a lifetime warranty against any breakage or defects in the product at any time.
- You can sharpen this knife with a whetstone efficiently.
- The blade of the product is resistant to rust as well as stains.
9. ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Chef Knife
On number nine we have the ZWILLING J.A. Henckels chef knife. This is an 8-inch knife that comes with a black handle. It is made in Spain and is highly qualitative and durable. The blade of the product is manufactured using the German steel which is resistant to all kinds of stains. Additionally, the construction of the knife is also fully forged to enhance its life. You will notice that the finish of the product is also excellent. This is a chef knife that can be used to serve many cutting purposes in the kitchen. The design of the knife is also full tang and the handle is riveted. The product can also be shipped to anywhere in the United States.
- The blade to handle transition of this chef knife is seamless.
- You can conveniently wash this knife in the dishwasher without any worries.
- The design of the product is ergonomic and the weight is also excellent.
- This chef knife also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The steel used in the blade is of the carbon steel type which is known to be very high in strength.
10. Mac Knife Chef Knife
Lastly, we have the chef knife by Mac Knife on our list. The knife has a 2.5 mm blade that can be used to make precise cuts. Apart from that, you would also like to know that the product is made in Japan and has excellent finish. We recommend you to wash the knife with hands. It will help in keeping the knife’s blade sharp for a very long time in your kitchen. You can also come through many buyers reviews of this product. Many of the reviews are extremely positive and can be accessed in many popular e-coomercial platforms of the country.
- The product weighs 10 ounces and has the dimensions of – 8 X 1 X 1 inches.
- The bolster and blade will help you to slice any kind of food.
- There are also dimples on the product that allow you to cut foods like apples.
- The product is highly rated by buyers on the internet.
- It is suitable to be used by home cooks as well as professional chefs.
How To Choose The Best Chef Knives – A Beginner’s Guide
1. Sharpening: A good knife is the one that does not require frequent sharpening. And even when it does you should know whether the sharpening process is easy or tiresome. Apart from that you can also see if the knife will get sharpened with the knife sharpener you have at your home. Other than that if you do not have a sharpener make sure that you buy the one that suits best with the chef knife that you have your eyes on. There are also knives that do not require sharpening as they first arrive. According to experts these knives are high in quality.
2. Weight: The weight of the knife is important because it may affect the quality of the cuts you make. If you are someone who does not like heavy knives we recommend you to check the weight of the product properly before you buy it. But you should also know that heavy knives are known to fall better on the food to create precise cuts in hard to cut foods. However many experts believe that lighter chef knives give better maneuverability to the user. You can easily refer to the weight of a chef knife easily from the product description.
3. Blade: This is a very important aspect and should not be ignored at any cost. Blades of a chef knife are generally created using stainless steel. However, there are also many chef knives in the market that have their blades made from other metals. A good blade is the one that also has infusions of other metals in the steel. These metals may include tungsten, chromium and vanadium. All these metals are known to increase the strength and lifespan of the blade. They also help in preventing corrosion and rusting of the chef knife blade at all times.
4. Handle: Look at the handle carefully and read details about it with concentration. We are suggesting this because a handle can decide how precise the cuts with the chef knife are going to be. The nature of the knife handle also decides whether you will be able to grip the knife properly or not. There are many features in a handle that can make the product exclusive. These features include – finger sections and ridges that increase friction. If you are able to grip a knife properly you will be able to hone your chopping skills in a very short interval of time.
5. Quality: According to many experts the quality of the knife can be decided from many factors. One such factor is – the full tang. A full tang knife is the one that has a one piece design. These knifes are highly durable and also do not tend to break easily. They are also known to last many years in the kitchen. Apart from that you can also look if the product that you are thinking of buying has imported parts or not. Such parts enhance the quality of a chef knife by many folds.
6. Price: Lastly in our buying guide we are bound to discuss the price of chef knives. You would have already noticed that we have tried to include high-end as well as products with low price on our list. However, the low price of the product does not mean that the quality of the product is bad. Also, the high price also does not ensure that the product will surely last a long time. We also suggest you to choose a chef knife with a price that fits best to your budget. We are saying this because buying a very expensive knife might put a dent in your savings. But if you are a professional, you can invest in costly knives as well.
A chef knife is a very useful tool that is used by many home cooks and professional chefs around the world. It makes chopping and slicing food extremely easy. Other than that, these knives also save you a lot of time. They help you in being more productive and get extra time to focus on the dish that you are preparing. We tried to include many kinds of chef knives on our list so that they suit many different people. We have also attached a buying guide at the bottom for our leaders. We are positive that it will help you in making a right choice. Lastly, we hope that we helped you in selecting the chef knife that you were looking for.
You will Enjoy Reading: 10 Best Spatula for Kitchen in 2020